Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Be honest- do you really have fun on vacation with your kids
1  2  Next

Do you REALLY have fun on vacation with your kids?
Yes  
 38%  [ 79 ]
No, but I suffer through it anyway  
 8%  [ 18 ]
Kind of but it’s a ton of work with all the food  
 46%  [ 96 ]
We don’t go on vacation with our kids because it’s more work than vacation  
 6%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 206

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:38 am
I always leave these vacations completely exhausted.

Lukshen

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:41 am
I really do enjoy it. But that’s because I don’t expect it to be a vacation. It’s not. It’s a trip. Trips are exhausting yet worth the beautiful and cozy memories we make as a family.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:42 am
It’s a lot of work but I look at it as bonding time with family, not a vacation.
When I’m by myself, that’s a vacation for me.

amother
Violet

There are parts of the trip when I'm in the moment and having fun with them. And parts when I'm in mom mode and it's more work. Over the years I've learned how to balance the two.

amother
Mustard

I find my husband isn't as distracted by everyday stress so he can share the burden.
But It is work.
For me though that is joy. Being with my family relaxed and laughing together is a gift I don't take for granted.

Gut

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:44 am
Nothing will happen when in vaccation people will get only very simple food, like rice with tunafish and tomato salad. Doesn't take time to cook. On vaccation I have vaccation too!

imaima

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I always leave these vacations completely exhausted.

What are your ages? It inly makes sense with older kids.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:59 am
It's both. Yes, it's exhausting and a lot of work, but it's also fun. We create wonderful memories. Like someone else said, if you expect it to be a vacation, then of course it's not going to feel so great. But if you go in knowing it's not going to be a vacation (at least, not for you) then you'll enjoy the enjoyable parts and while you'll still be completely wiped by the end of it, you at least feel that it was worth it.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 10:27 am
I don't view it as vacation and still need to schedule time for myself either for vacation or just me time/recharge time. Once I learned how to reframe it as family time and think about the memories we are creating, I started enjoying it. It is exhausting. I do try to find the fun in it. And the pictures and memories are priceless. But I do try to find time for myself and as a couple too, separately.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 10:32 am
I have some fun. But whereas it's almost all fun for everyone else, I feel like I work harder on vacation than when I'm home. Every year I tell DH it isn't worth it. Every year he talks me into it again, lol!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 10:36 am
It’s exhausting but it gives me the greatest joy to experience life through young innocent eyes. I come home drained but also on a high. It’s the highlight of my year.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 10:43 am
Is exhausting.
But I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
I work full time. Our lives are so rushed. It really gives us time to connect

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 10:45 am
It’s really tiring I fly all the time with little kids, mostly to visit family. But we really enjoy it the change of scenery. It’s tiring at home too Wink

Last edited by SuperWify on Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

essie14

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:21 am
We have vacationed with our 5 year old several times. She's a lot of fun!
We've also done trips with our older kids as well, within Israel, where kosher food is not an issue.
Yes, the trips have been fun.

icebreaker

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:26 am
Now, yes, because my kids are all older and we can actually enjoy activities together. We can also separate and do our own things.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:26 am
I have fun but it’s by no means a vacation😊 totally worth it though.

DVOM

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:42 am
We've had some really wonderful family vacations. We do a lot of camping. It helps to build in some alone time for my husband to learn and daven and hike on his own, and alone time for me to swim and read. If we each get that hour or two a day to do our own thing we don't get too exhausted.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:44 am
I dread traveling with my kids. It’s so hard
Ages 2-11. No one sleeps well. Cranky from exhaustion and poor eating.
Maybe there’s something wrong with me? No one voted no!

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:47 am
Going other places with kids is hard. I get excited every time even though it always ends up being hard.

So far when we do trips, in-laws are involved so I'm not part of the oldest generation. The idea of planning and executing a family trip by myself, only with my own immediate family, intimidates me greatly. Maybe when I get older I will work up the courage.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 12:40 pm
I've enjoyed it more and less depending on ages and stages. I really look forward to our little getaways and trips and genuinely enjoy discovering new and fun places with my kids but the times when everyone is bickering or if it's a phase where babies/toddlers don't really sleep or do well traveling it's not worth it imo.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics