Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wigs -- curly/wavy --B.K.? Any other suggestions?

RaisinChallah

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 3:40 am
Hi. I gotta get a new sheitel. I can't carry off straight so: looking for wavy or sort of curly. Is B.K. good for that? If so, where in 5 boros can you get B.K. with a sheitelmacher who's nice, reliable, not snappish...someone who really knows what they are doing.

And any other suggestions for wigs for curly/wavy are much appreciated.

NB: I wore Clary right after I got married, a million years ago, and I loved it. But is Clary still same quality? Would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Cookiegirl

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 8:02 am
Clary is still good, and the people at their salon are very helpful You might want to take a few wefts out of a Clary as they tend to make very "full" wigs. I recently got a curly Miri wig (and then bought a second one for Shabbos) and I am very happy with them as well

Chelsey

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 12:17 pm
RaisinChallah wrote:
Hi. I gotta get a new sheitel. I can't carry off straight so: looking for wavy or sort of curly. Is B.K. good for that? If so, where in 5 boros can you get B.K. with a sheitelmacher who's nice, reliable, not snappish...someone who really knows what they are doing.

And any other suggestions for wigs for curly/wavy are much appreciated.

NB: I wore Clary right after I got married, a million years ago, and I loved it. But is Clary still same quality? Would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Hi!
Yes BK holds curls/waves very nicely and naturally
I'm actually looking for the same thing... but BK is insanely pricey (at least for me)
Do you know the price range of Clary and Miri?
TIA!

RaisinChallah

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 3:17 pm
To person who wrote:

Do you know the price range of Clary and Miri?
TIA!

Not me. Thanks to all who replied.
When I worked as a hotshot professional I needed a great-looking sheitel and then I got less enamored of spending and for the last few years I've been coasting with (shh) wigs.com etc. short wigs that tend to look more natural than the long ones. But I want glam again. Or at least pretty and fairly real-looking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels