Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
WhatsApp status for used clothes - need advice

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 12:47 pm
I would like to start a status for used clothes.

There are people with full wardrobes from their kids or have a bunch of stuff of their own that they want to give away (at least I hear people mention that once in a while) but end up just putting it into storage because they never get around to finding a gemach to go to/finding the time to go drop the stuff off . Or they want to sell it for cheap but end up finding it to time consuming to get around to posting on sites to sell it. Its a shame bec the stuff just sits there and eventually just gets really out of style and etc....and it today's economic times, so many people could use it.

I feel that if all it takes is sending in a WhatsApp message and they get contacted by people who will pick it up, more people will end up selling/giving away clothes that can be used by others.

Just wondering
1- would such a thing likely take off?

2- I don't want people to have to view so much on the status that it just takes up a lot of their time so figured posts should be one of two ways -

Either

A - a full wardrobe (or a nice amount) paired all together instead instead of posting each individual item separately - for example

Selling (or giving away) size 5T winter clothes for $xxx

1 coat
7 pairs of pants
8 shirts
2 white shabbos shirts
2 blue pairs of shabbos pants
1 blue tie

Good condition. Location in xxxxx if interested please text xxxxx

And then anyone who needs that size can text the number posted for more info on brands or pictures of the clothes

Or B - if it's something more expensive like a suit or gown.... It can get its own post together with a picture of the item

Does that make sense? If yes what makes something go into category B that it can get a separate post? Like what about shabbos outfits? Should there be an original price point that it would have to have been? If yes, what price?

And how much clothes should it take to get into category A? For example I don't want to be posting single pairs of pants. Aside from my own time spent on it, I feel people will get frustrated spending time viewing that since it's not likely people will want to go run to someone to get just one pair of pants.....

3 - should other accessories be included like shoes (in very good condition)? Wigs? Jewelry? Headbands? And so forth

5- for people who are selling , should there be a minimum discount price they have to give? If yes, what?

4- if after 24 hrs no one claims the stuff should I repost or will that be annoying for anyone viewing the statue? Should there be somewhere online for people to view stuff that no one took yet? If yes, whats the easiest to set up?

Anything else/ other potential problems with this idea I'm not thinking of? Or any other ideas to make it better?

With the price things cost these days, I'm hoping this can help people at least a little bit....

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 12:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would like to start a status for used clothes.

There are people with full wardrobes from their kids or have a bunch of stuff of their own that they want to give away (at least I hear people mention that once in a while) but end up just putting it into storage because they never get around to finding a gemach to go to/finding the time to go drop the stuff off . Or they want to sell it for cheap but end up finding it to time consuming to get around to posting on sites to sell it. Its a shame bec the stuff just sits there and eventually just gets really out of style and etc....and it today's economic times, so many people could use it.

I feel that if all it takes is sending in a WhatsApp message and they get contacted by people who will pick it up, more people will end up selling/giving away clothes that can be used by others.

Just wondering
1- would such a thing likely take off?

2- I don't want people to have to view so much on the status that it just takes up a lot of their time so figured posts should be one of two ways -

Either

A - a full wardrobe (or a nice amount) paired all together instead instead of posting each individual item separately - for example

Selling (or giving away) size 5T winter clothes for $xxx

1 coat
7 pairs of pants
8 shirts
2 white shabbos shirts
2 blue pairs of shabbos pants
1 blue tie

Good condition. Location in xxxxx if interested please text xxxxx

And then anyone who needs that size can text the number posted for more info on brands or pictures of the clothes

Or B - if it's something more expensive like a suit or gown.... It can get its own post together with a picture of the item

Does that make sense? If yes what makes something go into category B that it can get a separate post? Like what about shabbos outfits? Should there be an original price point that it would have to have been? If yes, what price?

And how much clothes should it take to get into category A? For example I don't want to be posting single pairs of pants. Aside from my own time spent on it, I feel people will get frustrated spending time viewing that since it's not likely people will want to go run to someone to get just one pair of pants.....

3 - should other accessories be included like shoes (in very good condition)? Wigs? Jewelry? Headbands? And so forth

5- for people who are selling , should there be a minimum discount price they have to give? If yes, what?

4- if after 24 hrs no one claims the stuff should I repost or will that be annoying for anyone viewing the statue? Should there be somewhere online for people to view stuff that no one took yet? If yes, whats the easiest to set up?

Anything else/ other potential problems with this idea I'm not thinking of? Or any other ideas to make it better?

I would love to have such an option for giving/getting! Lmk when it takes off

paperflowers

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 12:54 pm
I prefer to be in a community WhatsApp group for such things rather than read a status.

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 1:55 pm
such a nice idea!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 1:31 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
I would love to have such an option for giving/getting! Lmk when it takes off

The number to sign up is 732-723-8957.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 2:29 pm
That’s a great idea!

runninglate

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 2:33 pm
I think it’s a great idea but I personally would keep it to only selling or only giving away. I think trying to do both will get confusing.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 3:27 pm
Why don’t you open an account with PoshMark. It’s an established platform and a complete market.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 4:12 pm
Can someone explain to me why a status instead of a regular WhatsApp group?

lamplighter

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 4:18 pm
There is such a thing in my community, it's a WhatsApp group and you can only post giving away. No pictures either. You can pm the person posting for pictures privately.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 6:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The number to sign up is 732-723-8957.

Is it only for Lakewood?

Also you should do separate sell and giveaway ones

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 8:02 pm
I would want to join if I could give away a full season's wardrobe to someone who can use that size.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 7:30 pm
Op is this working out?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 10:41 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Op is this working out?

Not really..... Just a few people texted in to post things and then it sort of just petered out..... I still have the number and people signed up, but I don't check it often since people haven't been sending things on to post..... I guess it needs someone who's good at spreading the word.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics