Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Father son bar mitzvah trip Israel Itinerary

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 6:35 pm
I know it's common in my circles (NY yeshivish open minded) for the father to take his son on a trip to Eretz yisrael in honor of his bar mitzvah. Has anyone done this recently and can share their itinerary or must-see/do places. Thanks!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:39 pm
Anyone pretty please?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:18 pm
Not sure how helpful this will be as it was for dd. We went for her bas mitzvah and to visit dd in sem. Dd 12 is very happy to visit kevarim and israeli relatives and shop. We did very little touristy stuff (eg jeeping, blind museum, kangaroo park)

Thurs- landed. Went to relative for supper and settled in to rented apt nearby. Sem dd stayed with us.

Fri - kosel, tear kriyah., visit dd sem, Geula and meah shearim for shobbos food and shopping.

Shobbos - with relatives in jlem

Motzai shobbos - eat out melava malka and kosel

Sunday- taxi to old city, wander old city (would have done tours but were with my married niece and her double stroller), kosel (we tried to go ALOT!) and tunnel tours. We did the "new" tunnel tour which was really cool. I wanted to take dd on original tour too but it did not work out.
Took light rail. Visited relatives.

Mearas hamachpela by bus from tachana

Monday- took double decker train from Tachana to tel Aviv (the escalators are a ride to themselves).
Saw shuk and yam hagadol
Visited relatives in tel Aviv and bnei brak.
If this was a boy would have Visited gedolim. I felt for dd more important to visit our relatives.

Came back to jlem. Ate supper w American relatives.
Kosel!!

Tuesday- (husband arrives, he drives in ey). Go up north
Meron
Tzfas- keverim, wandered old city, saw ari should, candle factory.
Drive to tiveria (hotel)
Kever rav meir bal hanes

Wed- tiveriah kevarim (rambam/shelah,)
Hike in Golan
See yarden (not much to see)
Back to jlem
Kosel!

Th -
Kevarim near jlem
Har hamenuchos to visit kivrei avos and kevarim of dh rebbeim and gedolim
Shopping in geula for jewelry and presents/souvenirs

Visit friends

Eat w relatives

Kosel!

Fri- kever rochel
More shopping in geula meah shearim
Visit Rebbitzins

Shobbos- w family! (Wanted to walk to kosel but did not)

Motzai shobbos- Visit isreali relatives

Sunday-
Hike in ein gedi
Yam hamelech -- we just saw it, didn't do anything.
Covid test
Kosel
Prep for flight home:(

So much more we wanted to do but not enough time. Like visit shmittah field, more time at yam hamelech, longer ein gedi hike, more kevarim (dd was raring to go and had more on her bucket list!). We didn't get to see everyone we wanted to.

Miss it so much!! I want to go back!!
I'm even sad that sem dd is back though I missed her!
Crying

Im eskachaich yerushalayim

salt

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 1:20 am
Taupe that sounds like an absolutely amazing tour! Your daughter will never forget it!

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 1:34 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Not sure how helpful this will be as it was for dd. We went for her bas mitzvah and to visit dd in sem. Dd 12 is very happy to visit kevarim and israeli relatives and shop. We did very little touristy stuff (eg jeeping, blind museum, kangaroo park)

Thurs- landed. Went to relative for supper and settled in to rented apt nearby. Sem dd stayed with us.

Fri - kosel, tear kriyah., visit dd sem, Geula and meah shearim for shobbos food and shopping.

Shobbos - with relatives in jlem

Motzai shobbos - eat out melava malka and kosel

Sunday- taxi to old city, wander old city (would have done tours but were with my married niece and her double stroller), kosel (we tried to go ALOT!) and tunnel tours. We did the "new" tunnel tour which was really cool. I wanted to take dd on original tour too but it did not work out.
Took light rail. Visited relatives.

Mearas hamachpela by bus from tachana

Monday- took double decker train from Tachana to tel Aviv (the escalators are a ride to themselves).
Saw shuk and yam hagadol
Visited relatives in tel Aviv and bnei brak.
If this was a boy would have Visited gedolim. I felt for dd more important to visit our relatives.

Came back to jlem. Ate supper w American relatives.
Kosel!!

Tuesday- (husband arrives, he drives in ey). Go up north
Meron
Tzfas- keverim, wandered old city, saw ari should, candle factory.
Drive to tiveria (hotel)
Kever rav meir bal hanes

Wed- tiveriah kevarim (rambam/shelah,)
Hike in Golan
See yarden (not much to see)
Back to jlem
Kosel!

Th -
Kevarim near jlem
Har hamenuchos to visit kivrei avos and kevarim of dh rebbeim and gedolim
Shopping in geula for jewelry and presents/souvenirs

Visit friends

Eat w relatives

Kosel!

Fri- kever rochel
More shopping in geula meah shearim
Visit Rebbitzins

Shobbos- w family! (Wanted to walk to kosel but did not)

Motzai shobbos- Visit isreali relatives

Sunday-
Hike in ein gedi
Yam hamelech -- we just saw it, didn't do anything.
Covid test
Kosel
Prep for flight home:(

So much more we wanted to do but not enough time. Like visit shmittah field, more time at yam hamelech, longer ein gedi hike, more kevarim (dd was raring to go and had more on her bucket list!). We didn't get to see everyone we wanted to.

Miss it so much!! I want to go back!!
I'm even sad that sem dd is back though I missed her!
Crying

Im eskachaich yerushalayim

I'm so jealous you managed to get so much in.

Reminding myself over and over that when you did this it was a baby- and toddler-free trip, and you had no other little kids with you. It was all 12+yos, who for this purpose are adults.

One day we will be at that stage too and we will be able to do those kinds of trips too. Right?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 2:09 am
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
I'm so jealous you managed to get so much in.

Reminding myself over and over that when you did this it was a baby- and toddler-free trip, and you had no other little kids with you. It was all 12+yos, who for this purpose are adults.

One day we will be at that stage too and we will be able to do those kinds of trips too. Right?

This is true.
Certainly all those evening kosel trips would have been out! I said so each time we went.

Otherwise, I did not feel like we had a super packed schedule.
It helped that most of our meals were with family and not at restaurants. Every time we ate out or did take out it felt stressful and like it took forever. Who has time to eat when you have so many things and people to see!

I'm very very grateful to my dd who watched everyone down to my 1 year old plus all those who helped her so we could do this trip. (The toddler was supposed to come but could not because of covid).

Op said it is for dh+ds13. So also adults. However, if dd was a different personality I would have dropped some kevarim and visits to do jeeping, a water activity in tevariah, etc.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 3:29 am
How long is your trip?
What time of year?

Do your son/DH enjoy outdoor activities and hiking? There are some wonderful national parks with trails for all levels of ability. It might be nice to break up a more urban part of the trip (I assume they'll be spending lots of time in Jerusalem) with some outdoor time.

Do you have any family to visit whose location must be factored in to your itinerary?

chicco

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 5:55 am
Machon Hamikdash
The virtual reality tour at the Kotel
Ir David
Chizkiyahu's tunnels
Kever Rachel
Maaras haMachpayla
Tour of Chevron with a guide
Tour of the Gush
Teveria
Tsfat
Tefillin workshop
The Shofar Factory
Yam Hamelech
Ein Gedi
Shilo
Geula/Meiya shaarim

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:17 am
What's the difference between the original Kosel tunnel tours and the "new" ones that Taupe mentioned?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions