Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Why won't my 4 week old sleep?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 5:31 pm
I've tried it all, feeding her, changing her, warm bath, swung, holding her, taking her for a ride in the stroller, swaddling her. She has trouble sleeping. Today she slept about 2.5 hours in a 10 hour period.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 6:46 pm
Bump

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 6:59 pm
Do you look for tired signals? I found it harder to put my kids to sleep when they were more than a little sleepy. I did have one child who barely slept unless held but she has adhd and is autistic.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 7:03 pm
She yawns all day, and I know she is overtired.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 7:05 pm
So so hard. Call your doctor. Even tho it’s after hours I’m sure they will give you a callback and offer you advice. Hope you and baby get a good nights rest tonight

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 7:10 pm
Some babies are just not easy Sad gassy, underdeveloped digestive system, food sensitivities, reflux...
I can’t tell why your babies crying, but I can try to think of other ideas to try...
Drive around for 10 minutes
Try putting baby to sleep outside
Sometimes baby enjoys noise in the background rather than it being quiet, bec then they startle with every little noise. I once heard of a baby that slept when the vacuum was on
Are you burping during/after each feeding?
I give my babies gripe water when I feel they are extra gassy.
Holding/putting to sleep in Diff positions? (Putting pressure on belly with arm/holding baby with his belly against yours (like a hot water bottle for the baby) baby lying down vs in an up-down position

Good luck! IyH it will improve with time.

tichellady

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 7:52 pm
My babies don’t sleep well either at that age. Only cat naps. So hard

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:11 pm
all I could wish you is good luck. Have this with most of my babies. Theyre sometimes fussy too. I think mine are gassy and or constipated. I walk around my house holding them and talking to hashem that if im supposed to go through any hardships with child, let this be it. Sorry no support just hugs.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:16 pm
At 4 weeks she shouldn't be awake for more than an hour. Try to reset her in the morning. So if 7am is morning, open the curtains, go outside, feed, and by 8am she should be put down to nap in a darkened room. Nurse her to sleep if you have to - there's no such thing as bad habits here especially for a newborn. The overtiredness keeps babies up and wired.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:22 pm
Oy…I can’t help you but I can definitely commiserate with you…my baby did not go down to sleep from the day he was born and he’s 6 months now and still won’t sleep unless I’m holding him. One thing that I found extremely helpful Was I got a baby wrap from Amazon most amazing thing I would wrap him in it and just walk around or rock with him and he would sleep like that for 2 and a half hours…that’s the only thing that worked for me. Good luck with everything!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics