Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos bracha , tehilas chaya sara

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 5:11 pm
Is this the same parent body crowd ?
Are the girls in bnos bracha into technology?
What about the tznius?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 6:04 pm
Tehillas Chaya Sara is a way cooler crowd then Bnos Brocha.
Bnos Brocha is super strict about tznius and technology. It is a more frum oot crowd.
Tehillas chaya Sara is a more with it, in crowd. Parent body is more up to date, with it.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 6:09 pm
There is some overlap. Tehilas Chaya sara is the most left school in Lakewood but it’s still a bais yaakov. But many kids do have tvs. Bnos bracha is more of a mixture it’s a community school.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 6:12 pm
Are there any parents with tvs in bnos bracha ?
Is it considered a modern school ?
What does all types mean ? Is it a community school like bybp ?

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 6:28 pm
I wouldnt compare the two schools, Bnos brocha is mainly simple working pple, alot that started off in yeshiva for a number of years. Tehilas Chaya Sara I would say is more to the left, more cooler younger parents, that dress cooler etc.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 6:31 pm
My sister's kids started out in TCS and ultimately switched to BF. They moved from OOT and were desperate to get into schools....even back then there was a mixed crowd, but kids gravitate to friendships not by their parents' hashkafa, but by personality. And her kids gravitated to cool kids, and pretended they knew what they were talking about when topics were discussed by kids who have plenty of exposure. Movies and more....

My SIL sends to Bnos Bracha. Started off in BMG, then working. More American-type JPF/yeshivish. Very limited technology exposure.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 6:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are there any parents with tvs in bnos bracha ?
Is it considered a modern school ?
What does all types mean ? Is it a community school like bybp ?

It’s the closest school to bybp. It’s a simple mixed crowd. I heard there are a bunch of bybp families there now.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 7:15 pm
So bnos bracha is into tznius? If my dd goes to bnos bracha , would she be getting ecposed to movies and tech stuff ? I don't want that.
Someone recommended these 2 schools , but I want frum. I don't want my daughter exposed to non Jewish music and the likes.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 10:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So bnos bracha is into tznius? If my dd goes to bnos bracha , would she be getting ecposed to movies and tech stuff ? I don't want that.
Someone recommended these 2 schools , but I want frum. I don't want my daughter exposed to non Jewish music and the likes.

Definitely Bnos Bracha then.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:15 pm
Do most of the girls come from homes that eat cholov Stam? Would they be allowed to bring it to school? Example a snickers bar.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:18 pm
Most schools have kashrus rules. But if it matters to you make sure to ask about that when you interview. Doesn’t sound like tehilas chaya sara is the correct school for you.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 2:16 pm
bump - is this still accurate about tehilas chaya sara?

New2Lakewood

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 2:29 pm
Following - looking for current information on tznius, music, extracurricular activities for girls who go to these schools. Can anyone who sends to these schools share some information?

amother
Honey

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 3:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do most of the girls come from homes that eat cholov Stam? Would they be allowed to bring it to school? Example a snickers bar.

There's is a rule that girls can not bring chalav Stam to school but most girls break this rule!(upper elementary!) Sad

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 4:39 pm
amother Honey wrote:
There's is a rule that girls can not bring chalav Stam to school but most girls break this rule!(upper elementary!) Sad

Do you know if the girls listen to non jewish music? watch movies? don't dress tznius when not in school? Trying to see if this is the right school for us...

amother
Honey

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:18 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Do you know if the girls listen to non jewish music? watch movies? don't dress tznius when not in school? Trying to see if this is the right school for us...

I don't think girls listen to non Jewish music.
Most but not all do watch movies but I dk which ones because my girls don't.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics