Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you like a reclining rocking chair for nursing?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 1:19 am
I need to buy a rocking chair for nursing. Some rocking chairs have an option to recline. Is it useful to have a rocking chair that reclines?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 1:26 am
My mom had one when she nursed. It was a rocking recliner

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 1:29 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
My mom had one when she nursed. It was a rocking recliner

Did she like it? Did she reclined it after the baby fell asleep?

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 4:38 am
I had a standard glider, now a rocking recliner. The glider was really too narrow for me to nurse, but it fit me much better in terms of back support. The recliner is great in terms of width, but I don't feel like I get the back support (I should really add a pillow or something). I've also nursed laying down in bed, but I've never used the reclining feature for nursing 🤷🏼‍♀️

Is this your first? Have you nursed before? If so, what positions were comfortable?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 6:25 am
I nursed sitting up, but enjoyed the recliner for cuddles

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 6:35 am
I use a recliner, usually upright, with the rocking disabled because it gave me motion sickness and was not helpful for nursing.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 6:55 am
I have a glider. It reclines. I love it!

Babyblue2

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:38 am
Love my reclining rocking chair! So comfy and easy

bsy

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:24 am
I have a reclining glider and always reclined when nursing.

gootlfriends

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:28 am
I found all I needed was back support. Recliner or glider

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 1:29 pm
It’s my first. I’m due in few months. Can you please post the rocking chair that you like.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 1:31 pm
gootlfriends wrote:
I found all I needed was back support. Recliner or glider

How do you decided if a certain rocking chair has back support I’m thin and short very petite.

bsy

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 1:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s my first. I’m due in few months. Can you please post the rocking chair that you like.

Dutailier reclining glider

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 2:01 pm
I have something very similar to this but probably an older model (no padding on the arms - wooden arms. Probably somewhat less plush. The padding attaches to the chair with velcro tabs. Same company, style very similar).

https://www.dutailier.com/en_u.....D_BwE

My MIL A"H had it delivered to my house as a suprise, the day I came home from the hospital with my oldest DD. Wow, it probably was costly. I never realized quite how much.

I nursed my 3 DD's in that chair. It was so comfy I often fell asleep in it, holding, nursing, rocking them. It had just the right amount of support/recline.

Later I rocked cranky toddlers (sometimes feverish ones) and this is the chair I sat on while saying Shma and bedtime stories....

Good memories....

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 2:05 pm
I think the main thing is to have pillows available to position yourself and baby. They don't have to be specialized, but you want to have baby high and close so you don't have to scrunch over, but you might also want lower back support... Especially when newly PP and baby is still figuring things out with you, it's nice to be able to have what you need on hand and adjustable till you know what works for you. (Older babies and recovered moms might not need as much support.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics