Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dairy in the usa vs uk
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 4:56 am
I was reading some posts on here about hormones in dairy in the usa messing with kids hormones
bringing on early puberty (I know there can be many other causes)

I was told that hormones are banned in the uk and for eg on the chevington.com it says
products (cheese, butter) are made from hormone free cows.

could the dairy in the uk be "safer" than the dairy in the usa?

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 5:24 am
Yes.

There was a whole thing in the UK about resisting US standards on processing chicken. I was horrified to learn about the low hygiene standards in the US.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 6:16 am
Is that why the cheese and milk in America taste so much better???

Sesame

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 6:22 am
Yes it’s known in the U.K. that it’s healthy, should be like that everywhere

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 6:28 am
this is so reassuring. my kids like dairy and I always thought it wasn't so good for them hormone- wise.

does anyone know about belgium? I buy the shefa yogurt from antwerp and would love to know about their standards...

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 6:39 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:

Does it? I find the food to taste better and feel more high quality since making Aliyah from the US.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 6:47 am
amother [ DarkOrange ] wrote:
Does it? I find the food to taste better and feel more high quality since making Aliyah from the US.

I'm happy to hear that Smile
If you buy israeli produce my logic says the chance it's been picked/harvested recently is higher which could explain why it tastes better.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:03 am

what do you mean by this?

dairy laden with hormones tastes better than uk hormone free dairy?

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:07 am
In general foods in Europe on a whole are less toxic than in the US. But just fyi, dairy naturally contains lots of estrogens and bovine growth hormone, even if none is added. There is also the whole green washing issue with labels. I don’t really follow the exact details but I know just because a package says rbst free doesn’t mean the cows weren’t given any.
Dairy is controversial in a healing diet. If you’re going to include it, I would be really careful regarding my source. I don’t know if I would trust any commercial dairy, even in the U.K.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what do you mean by this?

dairy laden with hormones tastes better than uk hormone free dairy?

I don’t know, I’m theorizing. I always wonder why American cheese is so much more tastier.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:12 am
OTOH produce here is way fresher and tastier then in the US. No shiny waxy apples coated in things I can’t pronounce.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:15 am
I don’t know, I’m theorizing. I always wonder why American cheese is so much more tastier.

have you ever tried chevington cheese and butter?

meant to be the best.

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:16 am
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
In general foods in Europe on a whole are less toxic than in the US. But just fyi, dairy naturally contains lots of estrogens and bovine growth hormone, even if none is added. There is also the whole green washing issue with labels. I don’t really follow the exact details but I know just because a package says rbst free doesn’t mean the cows weren’t given any.
Dairy is controversial in a healing diet. If you’re going to include it, I would be really careful regarding my source. I don’t know if I would trust any commercial dairy, even in the U.K.

Dairy is a great source of various vitamins and minerals I wouldn’t completely cut it out of any diet and especially not a child who needs calcium for their bone strength. Unless someone has a specific intolerance.

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:18 am
Fresh produce including fruit, veg and dairy in Europe and uk is far superior quality and taste than in USA or Israel, I’ve tasted from all of those places.

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:19 am
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
Dairy is a great source of various vitamins and minerals I wouldn’t completely cut it out of any diet and especially not a child who needs calcium for their bone strength. Unless someone has a specific intolerance.
You do you.

It’s also highly inflammatory for a large segment of the population.

And we don’t need dairy to get calcium. Lots of other sources that are less inflammatory. The whole calcium thing is also all wrong but we won’t get into that now.

You do you.

ally

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:19 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I'm happy to hear that Smile
If you buy israeli produce my logic says the chance it's been picked/harvested recently is higher which could explain why it tastes better.

I think this is true. Even when you buy from the supermarket, it is basically farm to table. And always seasonal. In the US you get everything all year round but it tastes like water and wax because it is sitting in storage for so long.
The best fruit and vegetables I ever had were in Spain. It was like ohhhh that's what it tastes like!

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:22 am
There's quality and there's taste.
The produce in Israel may be less perfect but it tastes way better.
The produce in UK looks much nicer but apart from the apples, tastes much more bland.

American cheese tastes better because it has artificial flavor added. Any real cheese connoisseur will tell you that the UK cheese tastes a million times better.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:22 am

right. this is whats confusing me.

if they give bovine hormone to cows which is igf-1 why do people see that it can stunt height in children? shouldn't the excess igf-1 increase height? or is it the excess estrogen thats bringing on early puberty which ends in stunted growth?

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
have you ever tried chevington cheese and butter?

meant to be the best.

Yes, it’s only the cheese with taste. The pizza here tastes really bland, like it’s always missing salt.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:36 am
Fresh produce including fruit, veg and dairy in Europe and uk is far superior quality and taste than in USA or Israel, I’ve tasted from all of those places.

I’m with you. I’m crazy over the produce here. Like I said, much less artificial additives.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise