Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Feel so out of place

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 11:49 pm
just came home from wedding from husband's family and I feel like the greatest nerd! can't pinpoint exactly but mil hates me for sure! I feel like an emotional pretzel next to her trying to please her whatever I'm so done anyone else feel me?

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:23 am
You are nowhere near alone! Some of my husband's family speaks a different language and when we are together and they are speaking to one another I have no idea what is goin on. I feel like the odd one out. It's hard to feel totally connected to "the other side". Be compassionate to yourself! Your husband loves you!

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:34 am
Sorry you feel that way. My friend who can not have children is ignored or is snobbed out by "his" sisters. She feels very not comfortable going to simchas. She started avoiding it. I told her look for other people not necessarily his close family. She listened to me and started finding other people to sit next to. My friend is very fun and loving. They just don't know how to deal with it.
It doesn't say anywhere that you have to get along with your MIL. You just need to respect her. It's not easy.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 11:20 am
Why are you trying so hard to impress them? It makes a person appear pathetic. Just be yourself and play it cool. Dont care too much
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics