Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Growth hormone
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't buy the remedy from her.

she never even told me where to buy it.

she just prescribed it.

homeopathic doctors have their career built around homeopathic medicine.

My question is, how much data is there on this? How many studies? Do they adequately demonstrate both the safety and efficacy of their "natural" growth hormones?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:00 am
speaking of growth hormone has anyone tried, is there a way to increase growth hormone naturally?

vitamins, minerals, herbs etc?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:15 am
What's your daughter's genetic potential for growth? Ie- are your husband and you both short? Did you actually work her up for growth hormone deficiency? That work up includes ruling out lots of other potential causes of poor growth such as celiac and thyroid issues.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
can growth hormone bring on puberty?

my dd is taking homeopathic growth hormone.

4 weeks in and she got her first period.

its not precocious but wondering if there is a connection?

I asked my practitioner when she prescribed it if it will bring on mensturation as I wanted it to happen naturally and she said its has nothing to do...?

Homeopathic remedies bring the body back to a balance so it's likely it's what happened and Naturally her body is doing what's needed.

Or.
It can be a proving

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:34 am
theoneandonly wrote:
Lol of course the homeopathic practicioner told you that, s/he wants you to buy the product to make $$$.
Speaking as a mother of a child on regular growth hormone...

Do you use homeopathy? It's not a money making business. A product costs max$10. Privately I've never paid more than$8.
It's not the type of thing to bed to refill all the time

What you are saying is true about allopathic medicine

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:41 am
igf-1 20.2 nmol/l

gh -0.5 ug/L

I was told its lowish normal.

this was done a few years back.

I know there are more tests to be done but is there a chance it should naturally increase?

celiac was tested twice and was negative. can you get a false negative twice?
I also heard celiac tests are not so reliable? are these the correct tests

IgA

Anti-tissue transglutnase lev

her thyroid was normal. it changes. once it was within doctors normal range but I would say a really little underactive but it changes minimally all the time.

if I am short its genetic but I never tested for deficiencies - deficiencies can be genetic but why shouldn't they be treated...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:41 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Homeopathic remedies bring the body back to a balance so it's likely it's what happened and Naturally her body is doing what's needed.

Or.
It can be a proving

what does proving mean?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
speaking of growth hormone has anyone tried, is there a way to increase growth hormone naturally?

According to my sister, 5 components to promote growth:

*Calories (make sure her nutritious intake is adequate)
*Calcium (separate from nutrition, make sure she gets plenty of calcium. calcium builds stronger bones and causes more growth)
*Sleep - very important she gets enough hours per night
*exercise - if she isn't active enough, enroll her in something that gets her moving
*hydration - drinking enough is very important

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
igf-1 20.2 nmol/l

gh -0.5 ug/L

I was told its lowish normal.

this was done a few years back.

I know there are more tests to be done but is there a chance it should naturally increase?

celiac was tested twice and was negative. can you get a false negative twice?
I also heard celiac tests are not so reliable? are these the correct tests

IgA

her thyroid was normal. it changes. once it was within doctors normal range but I would say a really little underactive but it changes minimally all the time.

if I am short its genetic but I never tested for deficiencies - deficiencies can be genetic but why shouldn't they be treated...

What method was used when she tested twice for celiac and what was the doctor’s medical specialty?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:50 am
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
What's your daughter's genetic potential for growth? Ie- are your husband and you both short? Did you actually work her up for growth hormone deficiency? That work up includes ruling out lots of other potential causes of poor growth such as celiac and thyroid issues.

A competent endocrinlogist does a whole slew of tests as part of the workup to rule out causes for short stature (including bloodwork and bone-age x-rays). It's not like they jump to growth hormones - as I've posted, we were discouraged from taking them (because genetic factors indicated she would grow on her own, and her body's own levels were in normal range). I sure hope homeopathic doctors do a similar workup and don't jump to prescribing meds.

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 11:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Growth hormones and puberty hormones are very closely related, and almost all dysfunction in these areas are due to hpa - thyroid axis dysfunction. We are attempting to address this using supplements and herbs but because bloodwork is normal and symptoms are hard to interpret it’s been really hard to know if what we’re doing is working.

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 11:09 am
Actually the early period is often because they have too much fat in their diet. Weight gain can trigger puberty. As a mother whose child just turned 11, they gain a ton of weight and physically start to develop. Your body needs fat and protein to create more cells so gaining weight right before shooting up a few inches makes sense. Of course genetics does play a role. My mother and my husband went through puberty early and I expect at least one kid to. I was on the later side, as was my mother in law so I expect one kid to be late. Growth hormones is often given if a child doesn't gain height for a few years and nothing else is wrong. Can it trigger puberty? It's possible the increase in height did it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 11:19 am
Chayalle wrote:
According to my sister, 5 components to promote growth:

*Calories (make sure her nutritious intake is adequate)
*Calcium (separate from nutrition, make sure she gets plenty of calcium. calcium builds stronger bones and causes more growth)
*Sleep - very important she gets enough hours per night
*exercise - if she isn't active enough, enroll her in something that gets her moving
*hydration - drinking enough is very important

thanks for your reply.

does this directly effect igf-1 and growth hormone?

cos it will only do as much if its not related and that is what I was wondering if there is naturally a way to correct the igf-1 and gh deficiency?

edited- just read now how foods directly effect hgh - like amino acids, meletonin rich foods etc
but now I cant understand why celiacs are not hormone deficient just nutrient deficient? nutrients effects hgh so it would make sense for them to be deficient...(if celiac is effecting height)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 11:22 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
What method was used when she tested twice for celiac and what was the doctor’s medical specialty?

IgA

what other tests are there?

gp only offered these 2

I would test more privately but which ones?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 2:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what does proving mean?

Using an incorrect remedy consistently over a long period of time can cause they symptoms that it is supposed to heal.
Or if a remedy is a close match but not exact, someone can start presenting with more symptoms related to the remedy they need.

You need to discuss this type of thing with your homeopath. Can ask another as second opinion if you are concerned.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 2:30 pm
Why don't you take her to an endocrinologist if you are really concerned?
Also how short is she? You? Your husband?

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 6:31 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
No it doesn’t, my children were on gh treatments for years. My child who started reaching puberty early was before we started , and the reason why we started( she was small and started puberty at 8 ) .it’s different hormones Everyone naturally produces growth hormone Puberty hormone is estrogen for girls that’s not in the growth hormone pen. My outher child when she got her period was still able to take Growth hormones for a few years and still grow after

OP isn't talking about the growth hormone pen.

She's talking about an alternative growth hormone treatment.

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 6:36 pm
Um I just did a quick Google check and seems that homeopathic growth hormones are not safe at all.
Even in the unregulated homeopathic field, they aren't considered so!

https://healthgains.com/hgh-ho.....mone/

The Position Statement of the AAHP about Homeopathic Human Growth Hormone
Some companies make products that they label as “Homeopathic Human Growth Hormone.” They try to sell these substances in health food stores and online. The American Association of Homeopathic Pharmacists felt the need to inform the public and provide guidance on these products. AAHP’s position statement includes these talking points:

Any product labeled as Homeopathic Human Growth Hormone (Homeopathic HGH) is not an official homeopathic drug.
The Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS) does not list Homeopathic HGH as a recognized homeopathic drug.
    There are no standardized processes that define how to make Homeopathic HGH correctly.
    There are no quality standards for the material a company can use to formulate Homeopathic HGH.
    There are no accepted practices for creating or measuring dosage amounts of this substance.
    No independent review agencies or organizations establish any official safety levels for Homeopathic HGH; in other words, there is no known dose at which this substance is safe to take.
    Medical literature does not provide any proof that Homeopathic HGH works.
    It is a felony to distribute or possess with the intent to distribute HGH without a prescription, as affirmed by a document published by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).

ETA: Official statement here: https://www.theaahp.org/positi.....gh/#:

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
IgA

gp only offered these 2

The only way to check 100% for celiac is with an endoscopy and making sure they’re eating enough gluten prior to the test but it’s usually only done if blood work is positive or there’s a real reason to suspect an issue. I don’t think height alone would warrant it.
We went to both a GI and an endocrinologist when dc wasn’t growing as expected. They each ran a huge number of blood tests for more things than I can remember and we also did a stool test.

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
IgA

gp only offered these 2

Before starting ds on growth hormone we did a ton of blood tests, stool sample, a bunch of bone scans, MRI of his pituitary gland, and went to endocrinologist every three months for years to track his growth. Please go to an endocrinologist if you are worried about your DC's growth and not just a gp and homeopath.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics