Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
1st grade (time sensitive)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 3:18 pm
I’m an elementary school teacher. Limudei kodesh. My favorite age is 3rd/4th. For next year, as of right now, I only have the option of teaching first. No schools around me have anything higher then that.
I can also look for a job in a different field (I have a management degree) but I love teaching and want to stay in this field.
The thing is, I’m not sure if this is the right thing for me to do. The way I discipline/teach/connect to the kids will have to be different. They have very short attention spans and need a lot of hand holding and I won’t be used to that. I’ve never even seen a first grade class in action…
I’m reluctant to take the job but I want to teach!! Any advice? Any first grade teachers out there?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 3:23 pm
One of my sons favorite rebbeim was a 5th grade rebbe for a super long time and then decided he wanted a change and switched to second grade. He was fantastic and is still doing 2nd. You may end up liking smaller kids more then you realize.

ima-ahava

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 6:05 am
maybe go and join a first grade teacher that you love for one day and see how it feels to you Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics