Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Is there a place to find premade camp Shiur ideas?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 10:44 am
I know there are so many wonderful camp directors and head counselors and teachers on here! Is there any place I can find a fabulous curriculum for camp shiur? Something that talks about Shabbos, Friendship, Tznius, or Parsha?

Looking for something super fun and interactive and LOW PREP!

Please help!!

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 10:46 am
You can try chinuch.org

One camp once did a series on aleph bais - like learned about each letter a day.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 11:23 am
I second Chinuch.org - so many incredible resources on there!

Some ideas to look at on Chinuch.org:

~Search "LEARNING GROUPS/ SHIUR PREP LESSONS" for an amazing camp Shiur curriculum by Adina Dan. Geared more toward Kiruv settings in its current form but can be adjusted.

~Toras Avigdor and The Circle Magazine also put their free weekly Shabbos newsletters onto Chinuch.org. (Search "Toras Avigdor" and "Circle Time at Your Shabbos Table".) Parsha-related stories, Divrei Torah, Halachos, riddles, etc.

~Search "BYM: Better Your Middos" for Bais Yaakov of Spring Valley's year-long Emes, Tznius, and Chessed programs. Each program that they posted to Chinuch.org includes tons of ideas and spells out exactly what they did for each monthly unit of the overall theme, and you can easily pick and choose to create your own condensed summer version.

Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 5:01 am
Thank you! A lot of these ideas are geared toward HS. I can't find BYM anywhere :-(

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 5:07 am
The OU has parsha packets for every parsha, for 3 or 4 different age ranges, K-2, 3-4, 5-6, and Teens. They are intended for shuls to use for after children's or youth davening on Shabbos, but I bet you could make use of them too. They have a summary of the parsha, some games, and parsha questions and answers.

https://ouservices.org/resources/

Just search the name of the parsha you are looking for. You may need to try different spellings.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! A lot of these ideas are geared toward HS. I can't find BYM anywhere :-(

http://www.chinuch.org/quick_s.....topic

Should show up with that link

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 7:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know there are so many wonderful camp directors and head counselors and teachers on here! Is there any place I can find a fabulous curriculum for camp shiur? Something that talks about Shabbos, Friendship, Tznius, or Parsha?

Looking for something super fun and interactive and LOW PREP!

Please help!!

Bumping up this thread. Op- what shiur theme did you end up using? I'm trying to come up with ideas too!

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:39 am
Bump

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:55 am
I wasn't so happy with what I did because I couldn't find something that was super amazing. I ended up teaching lessons through stories. Stories are engaging and I love telling them, and we were able to have good discussion.

I may look to use the Rabbi Juravel books for shiur this summer.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 10:59 am
This series uses made up stories to illustrate halachas, and ties it all to the week's parsha. You could have some really good discussion before giving them the answers.

https://torah.org/series/parsha-halacha/

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 11:07 am
Also, our shul uses this series for the kids' shiur after Shabbos davening sometimes. They're stories that set up a halachic dilemma. My DD says that kids get really involved in trying to figure out the answer and they like it.

https://www.amazon.com/You-Be-.....62007

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 4:44 pm
Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics