Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Growth hormone
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:01 am
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
The only way to check 100% for celiac is with an endoscopy and making sure they’re eating enough gluten prior to the test but it’s usually only done if blood work is positive or there’s a real reason to suspect an issue. I don’t think height alone would warrant it.
We went to both a GI and an endocrinologist when dc wasn’t growing as expected. They each ran a huge number of blood tests for more things than I can remember and we also did a stool test.

did they find anything wrong?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:01 am
theoneandonly wrote:
Before starting ds on growth hormone we did a ton of blood tests, stool sample, a bunch of bone scans, MRI of his pituitary gland, and went to endocrinologist every three months for years to track his growth. Please go to an endocrinologist if you are worried about your DC's growth and not just a gp and homeopath.

what did the tests show that you gave gh?

theoneandonly

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 4:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what did the tests show that you gave gh?

I don't know the exact results but they showed he's growth hormone deficient. No other issues like celiac or something wrong with his pituitary gland that are causing short stature. Plus me and dh are not short so nothing genetic to be causing him to be short.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:35 am
I live in london, Dr Rosenberg (HEALTH PRACTIONER) gave me a natural product called chlorella growth factor. I give it consistently every day and she has grown but don't know if its part of puberty,

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 7:04 am
You should be going to an endocrinologist to do a full work up. I just did, they test the blood for a lot of things, they also check bone age and levels of hormones in the body. You shouldn’t have been prescribed hormones without it.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:26 am
theoneandonly wrote:
Before starting ds on growth hormone we did a ton of blood tests, stool sample, a bunch of bone scans, MRI of his pituitary gland, and went to endocrinologist every three months for years to track his growth. Please go to an endocrinologist if you are worried about your DC's growth and not just a gp and homeopath.

What age did you start monitoring your son?
Dc is 3rd percentile height and 5 and wondering if she’ll always be so short...

theoneandonly

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:10 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
What age did you start monitoring your son?
Dc is 3rd percentile height and 5 and wondering if she’ll always be so short...

I think around seven we started. Speak to your pediatrician first and see what he says.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:49 am
theoneandonly wrote:
I don't know the exact results but they showed he's growth hormone deficient. No other issues like celiac or something wrong with his pituitary gland that are causing short stature. Plus me and dh are not short so nothing genetic to be causing him to be short.

is growth hormone deficiency usually genetic? I know in your case not but usually?

could his diet be causing gh deficiency?

how do you test the pituitary? a scan?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:50 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I live in london, Dr Rosenberg (HEALTH PRACTIONER) gave me a natural product called chlorella growth factor. I give it consistently every day and she has grown but don't know if its part of puberty,

how does chlorella actually stimulate growth?

it stimulates the pituitary to release more gh?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:52 am
I don't have insurance and nhs just brushes me off . I would need to go private for testing.

anyone recommend a really good endo...in london? has anyone experience with peter hindmarsh?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:55 am
a poster once wrote her son had shox gene deficiency. is this genetic?

anyone know how you test for it?

my side are short but dh side not. you could say its genetic but you never know what we could be deficient in?

could we all have silent celiac? Smile
shox gene deficiency? Smile
small pituitary? Smile

maybe "its genetic" means something?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 9:12 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:

how much did she grow since giving it? how log have you already given it?

theoneandonly

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 10:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
is growth hormone deficiency usually genetic? I know in your case not but usually?

could his diet be causing gh deficiency?

how do you test the pituitary? a scan?

I don't know if deficiency is genetic or caused by diet.

Checked pituitary gland with an MRI.

theoneandonly

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 10:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
a poster once wrote her son had shox gene deficiency. is this genetic?

anyone know how you test for it?

my side are short but dh side not. you could say its genetic but you never know what we could be deficient in?

could we all have silent celiac? Smile
shox gene deficiency? Smile
small pituitary? Smile

maybe "its genetic" means something?

Shox is genetic and tested for with a blood test. It's extremely uncommon though.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 11:02 am
theoneandonly wrote:
Shox is genetic and tested for with a blood test. It's extremely uncommon though.

whats the blood test called?

I meant to ask also if its genetic are all these things hereditery? shox etc?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 11:09 am
Hi op
My DC has an extremely rare condition that causes short stature. Because the root of DC short stature was not growth hormone deficiency we did not know if it was going to work. Chasdei Hashem it is working and DC has really growns so far and iyh it will continue! You have asked many questions and have gotten many responses urging you to test for various things. Please do so. Please don’t try to do things on your own. Perhaps your daughter has what my DC has? It was only discovered through extensive testing and I urge you to go to qualified medical professionals only.
My other children are all extremely tall so while this DC has a genetic “condition” it is not hereditary. Please just do a full work up and go from there.
Wishing you much Hatzlocha!

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 11:49 am
OP,
Which remedy and potency were you instructed to give? How often?
Do you use homeopathy in general or new for this?

What are your concerns that this was considered to begin with?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:01 pm
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
Hi op
My DC has an extremely rare condition that causes short stature. Because the root of DC short stature was not growth hormone deficiency we did not know if it was going to work. Chasdei Hashem it is working and DC has really growns so far and iyh it will continue! You have asked many questions and have gotten many responses urging you to test for various things. Please do so. Please don’t try to do things on your own. Perhaps your daughter has what my DC has? It was only discovered through extensive testing and I urge you to go to qualified medical professionals only.
My other children are all extremely tall so while this DC has a genetic “condition” it is not hereditary. Please just do a full work up and go from there.

are you in the uk?

where did you go for testing

was short stature the only symptom?

my daughter already got her period.

will it effect her results?

thanks for clarifying genetic vs hereditary. could it now be hereditary for her kids?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:03 pm
I appreciate all the responses. I love hearing wide range of views and advice. keep them coming please!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:56 am
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
Hi op

if the tests show gh deficiency is it enough? meaning can you also have a rare condition on top of that?

did your child have any other symptom other than short height?
could it be that so many kids are short with nothing wrong but maybe they have a condition never tested for/discovered? even if its hereditary it might be a hereditary problem that needs/could be treated?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics