Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Which big Instagram accounts decided to delete? List them!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 7:18 am
List them!

I’m inspired.

I know sari wigs and button Bebe.

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:54 am
The baby gift box

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:35 am
Moonlightlayette

amother
Milk

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:43 am
Can you tell me more. What was this about?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:46 am
I'm confused. So many women grew their businesses successfully because of Instagram. Many kollel wives opened Instagram businesses too. Why are they being told to shut them down?

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:49 am
You’re inspired? I’m horrified. How are these women going to help their business flourish? Why are they being shamed into cutting their advertising? Name one male oriented business that wound ever fall for this.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:52 am
Epsteins Meat

watergirl

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:57 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
You’re inspired? I’m horrified. How are these women going to help their business flourish? Why are they being shamed into cutting their advertising? Name one male oriented business that wound ever fall for this.

I hope people ask their own LOR before doing this, because the instagram account could be their hishtadlus. It's all in how one instagrams... there are companies who limit their instagram accounts to ONLY selling the item, and there are many many more who made themselves into "influincers" and sell themselves in addition to their product. I can think of a few people off the top of my head who only sell their item, and many more who sell their item but have grown their page into the tens of thousands because they comment on every single thing out there... they are not the same kind of page.

amother
Blueberry

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:58 am
Totally agree

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:59 am
watergirl wrote:
I hope people ask their own LOR before doing this, because the instagram account could be their hishtadlus. It's all in how one instagrams... there are companies who limit their instagram accounts to ONLY selling the item, and there are many many more who made themselves into "influincers" and sell themselves in addition to their product. I can think of a few people off the top of my head who only sell their item, and many more who sell their item but have grown their page into the tens of thousands because they comment on every single thing out there... they are not the same kind of page.

This was was one of many things that turned me off of IG. You go to look at a local stores goods and end up getting sucked into something totally different.

English3

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:59 am

Instagram is much more then an advertising board. Its social media. A website is perfect for advertising.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 11:01 am
watergirl wrote:

Right. And I trust women to know which one they're and to make their decision to their benefit.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 11:07 am
Call me cynical but when social media becomes too much of your business there is a lot of incentive to not be honest. To use filters, to show your good in the most favorable way. I used to think you have to see the sheital machers IG before you buy now I am not so sure. With makeup I think its totally not reliable. Clothing I have had mixed experiences especially when its direct to consumer and you cant try stuff on.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 11:10 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
I'm confused. So many women grew their businesses successfully because of Instagram. Many kollel wives opened Instagram businesses too. Why are they being told to shut them down?

No one told them to shut down. They chose to.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 11:11 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
No one told them to shut down. They chose to.

Because they were urged to.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 11:20 am
English3 wrote:
Instagram is much more then an advertising board. Its social media. A website is perfect for advertising.

A website doesn't have the same outreach. I specifically try to support Jewish women businesses I see on Instagram if I need their products anyway. I would never know about them if they just had a website.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 11:22 am

I’m not sure why you think this is the sole narrative. The asifa I listened to didn’t do any shaming. There are many reasons why someone may choose to delete social media.

As for marketing, years ago I was able to successfully launch my small business through Instagram, without spending a penny. More recently (probably since the algorithm change), I realized that it’s almost impossible to get results unless you package yourself as part of the product. Not everyone is interested in putting their lives out there like that.

Other obvious reasons why one may delete SM is because it can be a time-waster, or they find they’re getting sucked into toxicity. There’s nothing about control unless you mean the control that META is gaining over the average Joe.

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 11:26 am
I’m just curious how many of these companies will still use instagrammers to post their products even if they themselves are not on there.

That’ll kinda defeat the purpose no? Like all my friends who ask me to order them stuff on Amazon and old navy because they don’t have Internet.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 11:54 am
For me, the term "influencer" is simply another word for salesperson so I see these "influencers" as salepeople trying to just sell you products that they are being paid to sell you. So I dont care if anyone takes their account of as it just another product that I dont have to be "influenced" to buy.
That said, I would suggest people watch the documentary Keep Sweet Pray and Obey on netflix to learn how extremism works and hope that the Jewish community doesnt turn into that.

amother
Aconite

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:07 pm

Can’t get more male oriented than Epstein’s meat.

Why can’t we just be proud of people who took this step?
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational