Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What’s the earliest your DD got her period?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 12:44 pm
My sister was always the tallest in her class and had her first cycle at 12. She ended up being 5’6” which is taller than average but not super-tall. She takes free our dad’s side of the family. Her girls were about the same age and are both about 5’8”.

I have my mother’s genes. We were both 14 when we first started to menstruate (as was my daughter). Mother and I are 62 inches whereas daughter is 64 inches.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 12:52 pm
DD got it 6 months after she got underarm hair. Only noticed because it was summer and we're swimming all the time.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 12:55 pm
I got my period at 11 and I'm 5'6

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 1:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DD just turned 11. I’m hoping she’ll still have some time before her period comes since she’s not a mature type. She’s showing early signs of breast development for a few months already. Just curious what’s the earliest the girls get it these days? When did yours get it?

10 1/2 I thought I was gonna die when she approached me and when I told my husband she got it he almost fainted.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:39 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
So in the future, all women will be shorter?

No. The ones who go thru early puberty are more likely to be short.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:41 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

My daughter got it at 10 1/2 she’s 5.6. I got it at 11 I’m 5.6 my daughter who got it after 12 is 5.5

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:42 pm

But on average, that's more people now than ever.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:10 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
But on average, that's more people now than ever.

People who live a clean living style (access to space, fresh air, nature. And limiting processed and hormone riddled food) are less likely to go through precocious puberty.

Eta: unfortunately a lot of frum communities (I.e. Brooklyn) have small cramped indoor areas, little outdoor area space with fresh clean air, grass, trees and healthy food. And some frum people also have genetics where they don’t utilise nutrition properly and are very deficient in vitamins and minerals. Hence why so many frum people are short.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 3:14 pm
My dad, thankfully not until she was 14. She’s slightly immature for her age so this was a relief.
I was 13.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:01 am
People who live a clean living style (access to space, fresh air, nature. And limiting processed and hormone riddled food) are less likely to go through precocious puberty.

Eta: unfortunately a lot of frum communities (I.e. Brooklyn) have small cramped indoor areas, little outdoor area space with fresh clean air, grass, trees and healthy food. And some frum people also have genetics where they don’t utilise nutrition properly and are very deficient in vitamins and minerals. Hence why so many frum people are short.

this is an old post but are you around to explain something?

Roots

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 5:22 am
not necessarily true.
we have a clean living style and my almost 10 yr old is developing (buds, hair, deoderant) for some time already. NO period yet, thank Gd , I cant handle it now with 3 boys sharing a bedroom with her Can't Believe It
so many frum ppl arew short? where did that come from?

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 5:31 am
Roots wrote:
not necessarily true.
we have a clean living style and my almost 10 yr old is developing (buds, hair, deoderant) for some time already. NO period yet, thank Gd , I cant handle it now with 3 boys sharing a bedroom with her Can't Believe It
so many frum ppl arew short? where did that come from?

Scientific data, please! Genetics play a HUGE role in start of puberty, height, even weight in some cases.
Yes- "clean living" is always admired- but its role in height????? Come on!

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 5:36 am
I got my period at 11 and I'm 4FT 11. DD is 12 and one months. She just told today me that few weeks, she had blood for 2 days and very light that she just kept a tissue. She knew about period since 10 but didn't bother telling me Confused . We have such an open relationship, was quite surprised. Its been already a few weeks since she saw, and I keep asking if she has had it again, she said no.
She's my height now. So nervous she won't grow any more. Hate being so shORT Rolling Eyes

amother
Strawberry

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 5:58 am
I got my period at 10. I'm 5'6. I was always the tallest in my class until I stopped growing at 12. I'm one of the shortest girls in my family. I always wondered if I would have been taller had I reached puberty later.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 7:11 am
Myself and DDs got it between age 11&14. We are all between 5'1& 5'2. I think people shouldn't be so obsessed with it. Prepare them early and if it's ridiculously early, discuss with your doctor and ignore the issue until age 17 if it didn't happen.
Life is too short

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 8:58 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
I got my period at 11 and I'm 4FT 11. DD is 12 and one months. She just told today me that few weeks, she had blood for 2 days and very light that she just kept a tissue. She knew about period since 10 but didn't bother telling me Confused . We have such an open relationship, was quite surprised. Its been already a few weeks since she saw, and I keep asking if she has had it again, she said no.
She's my height now. So nervous she won't grow any more. Hate being so shORT Rolling Eyes

Did you never consider growth hormone for her? I don’t know if it’s too late now.

I got my period at 11 (earliest of anyone in my fam) but I’m 5’8 so it definitely didn’t stunt my growth.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:31 am
I'm 60inch. got my period at 13 didn't grow since, but I was very skinny, 79lb
husbands sisters did not get it before 12.

daughter 11yrs, 4'7" (hope she still grows a lot. ) has b. buds for about 15 months wears undershirt with shelf bra, pubic hairs, per dr. no need to tell her yet.

But I heard too many 'horror' stories, so was very anxious day and night. I decided to tell her 4 months ago the basic, and told her per Dr. no need to expect it for another year. so basically forget about it, once you get it you'll remind yourself and tell me.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 10:17 am
I remember reading on one of the posts about irregular periods in teen that they have more chance of growing more cos periods hasnt really started properly?

cant find the post. has anyone heard of this before?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics