Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Wall hung toilets
Previous  1  2

Pamela

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:16 am
lkwdlady wrote:
Is this done in the US? I can picture it in Israel but I have never seen it here. Honestly, some of my walls would not be able to hold the weight of a heavy person sitting.

Sure! Most new custom homes are built with wall hanging toilets. I put them in and am very happy BH

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:20 am
Pamela wrote:
Sure! Most new custom homes are built with wall hanging toilets. I put them in and am very happy BH

Wow... what a great idea for space and cleanliness

ZB

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 11:21 pm
redheaded wrote:
I’m redoing a bathroom and considering wall hung toilet.
The bathroom is tiny, 2.9 by 8.

I hear it will make the bathroom look bigger.

If you have experience with wall hung toilets please share the pros and cons.

Thank you

I'm redoing a bathroom and considering a wall hung toilet. Those of you who are satisfied with the wall hung toilet can you please specify which brand and model.
After searching around a lot I found excellent reviews with people raving about the swiss Madison, toto RP and toto Aquia, but on the other hand they ALL also have VERY bad reviews for a weak flush- very confused.

Sesame

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:01 am
In Israel where this is v normal. V happy with it. Flush is definitely not weaker. Cleaner, looks nicer and I like the ledge. I actually did have a plumbing problem because of the neighbour (their plumber came to fix their issue and clogged up our sewers in the meantime) but it was easily fixed without breaking anything.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:31 am
lkwdlady wrote:
Is this done in the US? I can picture it in Israel but I have never seen it here. Honestly, some of my walls would not be able to hold the weight of a heavy person sitting.

It needs to be installed properly into the studs. Many public toilets are wall hung and weight isn't the issue.

Because of installation most people don't have wall hung installed as a replacement unless they are doing a gut remodel because you have to open up the wall.

Also my understanding is that the tank is installed into the wall so there also has to be appropriate installation for the tank.

Although a wall hung toilet has advantages it really is not practical to have it installed unless it is a new build and everything is prepared for it or you are doing a gut remodel of a bathroom and the wall and plumbing is modified so that it can be installed properly.

ZB

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:58 am
Can anyone please tell me a good wall hung toilet model?

redheaded

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 7:05 am
I have one in US for 6 months

Toto tornado flush

It’s sleek

No ledge for tissues, you need to build a shelf or leave a space inside wall

BM leave residue and doesn’t get cleaned with the flush.

Rest of my bathrooms have toilets for 1/5th of the price. Flush BM without a problem

ZB

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:30 am
Thanks redheaded. This is what I've read in many reviews.
How about those who did comment about being happy with their wall hung toilet, what model do you have and is it actually good?

Shoshana Rose

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:39 am
redheaded wrote:
I have one in US for 6 months

Toto tornado flush

It’s sleek

No ledge for tissues, you need to build a shelf or leave a space inside wall

BM leave residue and doesn’t get cleaned with the flush.

Rest of my bathrooms have toilets for 1/5th of the price. Flush BM without a problem

same experience.

company Nuravit

inside bowl must be washed a few times a day. hate it.

but love the outside cleanliness idea.

Seeking

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:39 am
I work in a plumbing showroom and heard a lot of feedback that wallhung is easier to clean and nicer, modern but doesn't flush the same strong. If you definitely want wallhung then your best option would be the toto tornado flush which has a double glaze of flushing which is the greatest but it's discontinued so you'll have to find it yourself from companies that sell old model.

Last edited by Seeking on Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Seeking

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:47 am
Oh and if you do consider a regular freestanding toilet just make sure it's skirted which makes it nicer and easier to clean. Swiss !madison is a china company which I wouldn't get. Fine fixtures is really cheap quality. Icera is good or gerber. Or if your ready to spend, I would go for the tankless toilet. toto is best.

Seeking

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:53 am
Just one more thing to !make sure that the flush is the strongest possible. Ask or check online for the gpm. Wallhung can go till 1.6 and reg is 1.2.

Oh and no daul flush cuz never enough strong.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics