Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Please share your fruit salad recipes
Previous  1  2  3

lamplighter

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 7:42 pm
Nectarines
Blueberries
Green grapes halved

Dressing equal parts sugar and mint leaves blended with a tablespoon lime juice or to taste.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 7:58 pm
Amarante wrote:
OP did not indicate there was a medical reason for having honey instead of sugar when I posted.

If there is a medical reason then one would follow whatever restrictions are prescribed by your doctor.

However for most people honey, sugar, maple syrup are all the same and provide empty calories which are fine in moderation. Each of them generally have better uses as generally people don't sprinkle sugar on pancakes nor do they put honey in their coffee although they might use honey in their tea.

I'm not sure why I'm sensing some defensiveness. I was just trying to explain. As far as I see on my screen, op wrote someone in the family is on scd and can't have sugar and you quoted that post and repliedwith the post starting Not to offer an opinion...

Not sure what the big deal is. I was just explaining a bit about scd. I'm sorry that it seems to not have come out right somehow.

relaxation

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 10:51 pm
It's not such a big deal anyways. We can make with sugar for the rest of the family and with honey for that one person. My question was just if a sauce is possible to be made out of honey.

relaxation

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 10:52 pm
lamplighter wrote:
Nectarines
Blueberries
Green grapes halved

Dressing equal parts sugar and mint leaves blended with a tablespoon lime juice or to taste.
The mint leaves make it sound intersting. Thanks !

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 11:14 pm
Amarante wrote:
I thought I was quite clear that fruit has significant nutritional benefits including vitamins and minerals as well as fiber. It does have fructose but for most people that isn't an issue.

Honey is a simple sugar just like table sugar is and there is no nutritional benefit from either honey or sugar. In small quantities it is generally also not a nutritional issue for people.

The SCD diet is a medical diet (nothing to do with weight loss) for chronic intestinal conditions like Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis.

relaxation

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 11:52 pm
I asked before but got no response so I am bumping again. Hpw do I cut mango properly into cubes ?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:17 am
relaxation wrote:
I asked before but got no response so I am bumping again. Hpw do I cut mango properly into cubes ?

Do you have access to YouTube? There is almost no culinary skill that can't be learned there, and seeing it would probably be more useful than anything anyone can write here.

relaxation

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:19 am
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
Do you have access to YouTube? There is almost no culinary skill that can't be learned there, and seeing it would probably be more useful than anything anyone can write here.
Nope ! I recently joined the 40 day program Smile . If someone posts it here though I don't think it breaks the rules.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 8:01 am
First, you have to make sure the mango is ripe (press the outside and it should give) or it will be too hard to remove the large seed in the middle. You cut into it with a sharp knife around the pit on either side. If it's properly ripe, you should have two slices with skin on outside and flesh of the fruit in the middle. You make a cross hatch grid on the fruit and sort of bend the skin back to slice off the little pieces (watch your fingers). If that's too much fuss, many of the kosher stores sell sliced mango spears and you can cut it into smaller pieces for fruit salad.

relaxation

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 11:45 pm
Thank You ! So I guess I don't peel the skin with a peeler.

relaxation

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:06 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Grapes sliced in half, Crisp apples (like gala) cut in cubes with skin on, strawberries diced, walnut pieces (about a quarter cup), and orange juice (also about a quarter cup). Quantities are to your taste, but about four apples, a pound of grapes, and a quart of strawberries should work. Cut fruit into a bowl, pour orange juice over, sprinkle with walnuts, and serve cold in individual cups. This only lasts a day or so. The orange juice keeps the apples from browning, although it can make the strawberries mushy if past a day. Freshly cut, it's addictive.

Brown I just made your recipe and it is absolutely DELLLLLLLLLICCCCCIOUSSS and refreshing. Thank so so much !

relaxation

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:09 pm
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:
You can get frozen cubes of passionfruit pulp.
What company do you use ? Also any specific store in Brooklyn that would have it or all stores more or less would have it ?

relaxation

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 8:50 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
You can get frozen cubes of passionfruit pulp.
I know this is bit old but wanted to say that I saw passion fruit being sold on e 17 and kings hwhy (brooklyn)
So I hope to make your salad

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 9:09 pm
I never used a fruit salad recipe in my life. I think it's a crime to drown the taste of fresh fruit with a dressing. I use in-season fresh fruit, whatever I have around, anywhere from three to six or more different fruits depending on the size of the crowd, and in winter if I don't have much fresh I'll add some chunks of dried fruit or canned in its own juice if I have. I probably never make the identical fruit salad twice in a row. Occasionally I'll garnish the salad with a sprinkle of sesame seeds or cinnamon, and sometimes brush the fruit with lemon or lime juice to prevent browning.

Aurora

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 9:11 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I never used a fruit salad recipe in my life. I think it's a crime to drown the taste of fresh fruit with a dressing. I use in-season fresh fruit, whatever I have around, anywhere from three to six or more different fruits depending on the size of the crowd, and in winter if I don't have much fresh I'll add some chunks of dried fruit or canned in its own juice if I have. I probably never make the identical fruit salad twice in a row. Occasionally I'll garnish the salad with a sprinkle of sesame seeds or cinnamon, and sometimes brush the fruit with lemon or lime juice to prevent browning.

This!

I just like to cut up seasonal fruits together and toss.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics