Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Please share positive thoughts from Nekadesh
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:17 am
I just did a lot of fast-forwarding on the recording to hear some parts, and heard Reb. Tarshish at the end say that Rav Elya Ber Wachtfogel asked that the women end the evening with singing, as a form of davening. Something about that singing coming from a gadol makes it so powerful to me.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:19 am
And Yael Gellis's words before and during the singing...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:20 am
Ok, hopefully getting to bed now.
Thank you for joining me and helping me keep my inspiration.
Good Shabbos everyone!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Question - I got there when Rabbi Haber had started speaking. Did anyone else speak before him?
I just called in to the recording and it started with Rabbi Wachsman. He spoke first and then again later? What else did I miss?

I think it might have been a snip from the night before.
I posted extensively on another thread, if anyone's curious. There was a lot I liked.

nightingale1

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 11:57 am
Rabbi Wachsman explained on “Al kanfei nisharim”-Hashem specifically chose an eagle, because an eagle, unlike other birds, carries her babies on top of her wings to protect them. But what’s the point, if the mother gets hurt the babies are going to die anyway? The point is if you give it all, if you’re willing to sacrifice yourself for your children, then Hashem will help you, and you won’t get hurt, and He will help you be able to protect them.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:34 pm
I was very inspired by a line someone said. I think it may have been Rav Elya Ber, but please someone correct me if I’m wrong
It’sa known thing that mothers will sacrifice anything and everything for their kids. Even their lives. Yet, we see mothers walking with their kids, not paying the slightest bit of attention to them because they’re on their phones…

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 5:47 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I think it might have been a snip from the night before.
I posted extensively on another thread, if anyone's curious. There was a lot I liked.

I was staying away from those other threads because there was so much negativity there. I may just go look now, because I usually appreciate what you have to say!

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:20 pm
I did not want to go and DH convinced me the day before.
I called him up with tears in my eyes thanking him for pushing me. It was the most beautiful, inspiring, uplifting event I have ever seen. I feel so united with the women in klal yisroel who are working to improve and strengthen themselves.
I wish more people could open their hearts and drop all the negativity. The other thread on here about the Instagram made me so sad to see how many Jewish women cannot appreciate others striving higher and trying to be better.

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:43 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I was very inspired by a line someone said. I think it may have been Rav Elya Ber, but please someone correct me if I’m wrong
It’sa known thing that mothers will sacrifice anything and everything for their kids. Even their lives. Yet, we see mothers walking with their kids, not paying the slightest bit of attention to them because they’re on their phones…

I believe that was R' Wachsman. That line really resonated with me too.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:48 pm
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
I did not want to go and DH convinced me the day before.
I called him up with tears in my eyes thanking him for pushing me. It was the most beautiful, inspiring, uplifting event I have ever seen. I feel so united with the women in klal yisroel who are working to improve and strengthen themselves.
I wish more people could open their hearts and drop all the negativity. The other thread on here about the Instagram made me so sad to see how many Jewish women cannot appreciate others striving higher and trying to be better.

Reminds me of something I once saw in Rav Akiva Tatz book that sometimes someone who is unable to be omed binisayon becomes the bait to entice others so that they have bechira and get schar for withstanding the negative influence of the former.

amother
Melon

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 11:55 pm
Reb tarshish compared using technology to traversing the forest in olden times. They used to do it only occasionally when badly needed because it was a dangerous place with wild animals and gangsters and only during the day....we have to look at using technology the same way!

Rabbi wachsman mentioned it's fine to use a smart phone if you need one but when in public don't make it acceptable. Don't pressure ppl that decided not to use one feel bad that they aren't.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational