Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Nachlas/Bnos Esther Malka/Bnos Yaakov/Meoros
1  2  3  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 2:24 pm
Can someone please compare these schools for me?
Parent Body
OOT vs In Town crowds
Academics
Focus on Midos

Thank you!

momof2+?

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 4:08 pm
You got into all 4 schools and you need to pick??!

Nachlas is an out of town crowd. Academics are supposed to be up to par. The principal says that they create a caring warm atmosphere and then push for academics, so the kids don't feel so pressured. (I had an interview there.) Don't know first hand about middos.

I think parent body in meoros and bnos Esther malka are a little more with-it than nachlas.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 4:33 pm
Bnos Yaakov turned pretty Yeshivish the last few years but wasn’t always super yeshivish so the parent body is still a mix. Probably the most academic girls elementary school in Lakewood. Loads of incentive for the kids so they love school. Large focus on middos.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:38 pm
Bnos Esther Malka has some out of town also. Frum working crowd. Extremely warm principal.Academics are very good. Nachlas even though it has a name of having an out of town crowd, I do know a few more "in town" type of pple that send there.

balibusta

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 11:28 pm
I know some ‘with-it’ that go to nachlas.. all depends who u know

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 6:44 am
I also know lots of ppl in nachlas, def a more oot feel even though lots of in town ppl. They’re more Frum, solid, Not yeshivish.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 9:19 am
amother wrote:
Bnos Yaakov turned pretty Yeshivish the last few years but wasn’t always super yeshivish so the parent body is still a mix. Probably the most academic girls elementary school in Lakewood. Loads of incentive for the kids so they love school. Large focus on middos.

Bnos Esther Malka is supposed to be modeled on Bnos Yaakov, because the principal used to teach in Bnos Yaakov....I think it's supposed to be somewhat less pressured, though. Also crowd is younger, but probably similar mix. Very warm, kids love the school.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:32 pm
We send to Nachlas and are extremely happy.
It’s more OOT than the others on your list . There are people from in town and there are “with it” people as well but I was told directly by the school administration they’re going for a more down to earth crowd and that seems to be the majority . Dds fiends parents are from Baltimore , Toronto , Cleveland etc ... and a bunch from Monsey Brooklyn and lakewood too, but with “OOT personalities “.
The atmosphere is extremely warm and positive, Mrs Smith even has lunch with different girls every day to get to know them and the whole place is very happy. There’s a big focus on middos and tznius. I love that at parent events I feel comfortable talking to anyone next to me even if they’re strangers ; just a nice warm crowd .
It’s only up to 3rd grade and has grown a lot faster than the other schools that opened around the same time. They have gotten a great names for themselves. Anymore questions feel free to ask.

It’s hard for anyone to objectively compare all the schools on your list because we are inevitably going to be closer to one school than the others unless we somehow have a daughter in each. I can say Nachlas is the most OOT from your list

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:36 pm
I also have been told that as far as yeshivish or not , NBY is similar to Meoros and BEM, the difference is In town Vs OOT.

Nachlas has a large number of mothers who don’t text, a significant number of hemish families , it’s a mix ... but it’s not shticky .

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:53 pm
momof2+? wrote:
You got into all 4 schools and you need to pick??!

Nachlas is an out of town crowd. Academics are supposed to be up to par. The principal says that they create a caring warm atmosphere and then push for academics, so the kids don't feel so pressured. (I had an interview there.) Don't know first hand about middos.

I think parent body in meoros and bnos Esther malka are a little more with-it than nachlas.

Bumping this thread!!

Can anyone describe type for the three schools?

Maybe like where would u imagine the mother’s went for seminary and camp?

I know sounds a bit silly but I am trying to figure out type and I know type is relative. So I’m thinking maybe I can get an idea of typed are compared

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:18 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Bumping this thread!!

Can anyone describe type for the three schools?

Maybe like where would u imagine the mother’s went for seminary and camp?

I know sounds a bit silly but I am trying to figure out type and I know type is relative. So I’m thinking maybe I can get an idea of typed are compared

I grew up in lkwd. I went to bais kaila. My dd is in nachlas bh I got lucky and got into my 1st choice. I applied there and meoros. I would have applied to BEM as a 3rd choice but I sent for kindergarten and BEM doesnt have that.
There are very similar to one another so any that u get accepted to you should be relieved and happy to send.
I dont know how to to break it down for you best. I guess because BEM has the most in town crowd from all 3 I guess you can say a lot of moms are bnos chava (10 years ago) type
Meoros was started by mrs dickstein from bais faiga. There are a lot of orignal lkwd girls in their starting classes who didnt get into bais faiga cuz of space. It def is much more than just that now but had a very solid foundation. Has a mix of in town and OOT. Maybe nachlas, bya, seminar blend ..?! I really dunno ?
Nachlas BY has the simplest crowd. Def has a lot of OOTers. My dh is from oot and I wanted a school where hed feel comfortable and that is what it is. I have no idea about seminary bec all the people I know there didnt go! We all come from simple homes and stayed local..

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:24 am
Someone wrote upthread that Bnos Yaakov is the most academic but there are tonz of incentives so the girls love it.
I went there 13 years ago and while I didn't struggle academicly there where a LOT of girs who did and they hated it ! Also for some reason the believe in a lot of memorizing...
Mrs. Schorr from BEM taught me in 8th grade and she is and I until seminary I never met anyone in chinuch who genuinelly cares to see every single student suceed....

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:30 am
Bump, are the crowds currently still the same?

benny

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:38 am
I would say yes

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 1:04 am
I wouldn’t cal nachlas simple oot and not shticky anymore. It’s pretty with it, working crowd that’s not modern. Not yeshivish either. There are definitely some yeshivish families but overall it’s not.

ETA about a comment up thread that many mothers in nachlas don’t text... don’t think that’san accurate statement anymore.
For comparison purposes- my nieces in nachlas have a mother’s whatsapp group for each of their classes. My daughter class in bnos yaakov doesn’t even have a group me chat for the mothers lol.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 1:05 am
What's the difference between nachlas and bem?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 2:33 am
I can't compare schools, I'm only in one.
I can talk about Bnos Esther Malka.
Unbelievable school.
So warm, accepting, happy atmosphere, loving principals and teachers.
The parent body is a big mix. Mostly frum working crowd, many out of town type.
I don't find there to be a pressure to have/wear whatever's in.
For reference, my family is of the more Yeshivish in the school, but my girls do not feel out of place. It's so accepting, everyone can be who they are without the need to be like others who are different.
Academics pretty high, but I'd say less pressured than Bnos Yaakov (I used to work there).
And there is nobody in the world like Mrs. Schorr!

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 6:56 pm
Hi
How would Bnos Bracha compared to all of the above schools mentioned ? Middos, Hashkafa, warmth and academics?

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:10 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
I wouldn’t cal nachlas simple oot and not shticky anymore. It’s pretty with it, working crowd that’s not modern. Not yeshivish either. There are definitely some yeshivish families but overall it’s not.

ETA about a comment up thread that many mothers in nachlas don’t text... don’t think that’san accurate statement anymore.
For comparison purposes- my nieces in nachlas have a mother’s whatsapp group for each of their classes. My daughter class in bnos yaakov doesn’t even have a group me chat for the mothers lol.

I have a few kids in nachlas half of each class is not in our whatsapp chat, so while maybe they have text there are many without smart phones. I wouldn't call it with it, I'm not in style, and it's one of the places in lakewood that I fit in really well. It's a super simple chilled crowd. I have kids in a few grades so I have a good feel for the crowds.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 2:08 am
amother Tomato wrote:
Hi
How would Bnos Bracha compared to all of the above schools mentioned ? Middos, Hashkafa, warmth and academics?

Bnos Bracha (my info may be outdated) is supposed to be lower end of lkwd academics. Crowd is frum working crowd.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children