Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Won't make #2

Ima2

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 7:45 am
dd is almost 3 and potty trained so easily B"H. the 1st week, she made #2 on the toilet with no issue. then a few days went by and she didn't make #2 at all which then caused it to hurt her and now refuses to make #2 on the toilet. at gan, the ganenet put on a diaper for her b/c she was crying that she had to make and didn't want to poop in her underwear at gan. now she always asks for a diaper to make #2, but it hurts her so much since now she doesn't let it come out. I keep telling her that whether she makes in the toilet or her diaper it's the same thing, so what does it matter if it's going to hurt, it will hurt either way. ok, I know, too much reasoning for an almost 3 year old! but what do I do? she refuses to drink juice or eat any fruits or veggies to help herself make it come out easier. what should I do?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:20 am
Your daughter never eats any fruits or veggies?

Momafewx

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:36 am
It's really common for kids to get scared to make #2 in the toilet. I would drop the pressure, work on giving her stool softeners and water and let her have diapers if that's what she wants.

Keep offering the toilet and give exciting rewards/charts. Celebrate her when she does #1. And maybe when you have a quiet moment and shes calm, ask her what she thinks about #2 on the toilet. And ask her if there's anything you can do to make it easier.

She'll get there!

gootlfriends

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:41 am
Anxiety can cause constipation. If she is worried about having an accident she could be unconsciously holding it in and not be able to relax which is making it difficult to release later.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 9:28 am
First of all, it's really common. With my kids, Whilst I ma training them, if I see that they are struggling with #2 I use a glycerine suppository and it comes out within 15 mins usually. After 2 days they are not scared anymore.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 10:41 am
I’m having #2 issues with my son as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training