Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding dresser

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 4:52 am
Did you use a wedding dresser in Lakewood? What are the benefits of hiring one? (And approximately how much does this cost?)

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 5:50 am
I can't speak specifically to Lakewood, but I can tell you about using a dresser. We hired one in a different city through a reputable bridal shop. She was wonderful. She made sure my daughter's gown was properly steamed on the day of and helped her to adjust all the underpinings. She checked my gown and sewed my (family heirloom) brooch into place on the lace to make sure it wouldn't fall off. I would not have thought of that, but it was totally necessary. She also sewed our bra straps into place so that nothing would slip underneath. My nephew lost a button on his suit and she quickly fixed it. After yichud, she bustled my daughter's dress, so I could stay with the guests. She also helped her to fix her hair after the veil came off. She stayed through the first round of dancing to make sure nothing tore. At my own wedding, the elbow on my gown tore from dancing and at my sister in law's wedding, my gown's zipper broke because I was nursing and kept taking the top down in the nursing room. That being said, it is pricey. We paid about $1200 for her time (about 6 hours). If you have a (calm and unintrusive) relative who is very handy at sewing and skilled at doing a bustle, you might be able to save the money. However if it is in your budget, having a dresser is helpful at keeping the kallah calm and is an insurance policy if anyone's wardrobe malfunctions.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 2:00 pm
Are they mostly 1200$? And can anyone recommend people who do this?

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 2:43 pm
Chaya Goodman (@chayagres)
Bridal/Family Wedding Attendant Call or Text 718-915-5719 Email: chayagres@gmail.com to book

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 2:50 pm
Delete

airmontmomm

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 2:53 pm
I had one by my wedding, I don’t think they should cost 1200$, but the main idea is that they will sweat the small stuff on the big day while you can focus on yourself and the simcha without running around looking for a safety pin, shoutwipe, thread and needle, etc.

It’s definitely something that can be very useful, especially if you have a large family.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 2:56 pm
faigy orgel
347-587-0602

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 3:06 pm
Faigy Tress is great. 7325800968

lollypop2

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 3:21 pm
Esti Levovits is amazing and very affordable! (732) 569-2515

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 3:51 pm
Tova T Gobioff wedding dresser 732-994-9956

I second this. She is gr8 easy to work with and well priced. Can't go wrong

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 3:52 pm
I’m going to second Faige Tress 732-580-0968. She’s such a great person to have around. She’s comfortable to be with and helps the Kallah and family with anything that is needed.
She managed wedding halls for many years and is very quick and knowledgeable.
Def a great person to have by your side.

normama

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 4:45 pm
Tova tzipporah gobioff is an amazing wedding dresser. She worked for years in Accents in lkwd. She's so personable and calming. She comes with anything and everything you might need and makes the whole wedding smooth! Not expensive, and best $$ spent. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics