Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Free resort stay in Orlando

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 11:02 am
I won a free week at a resort in Orlando (Delta by Marriot Celebration). I've never been there, but I can go for free anytime within the next year. What is the best time of year to go? Are there places to eat out? Minyanim? The resort is near Disney. Is it worth going with kids (3 and 2 yo) or should I try to leave them back?
What are attractions there like? Is everything crazy expensive? (If the flights, car rental, food, attractions etc. are gna cost me a mint it may not be worth the free hotel).

In short, I'm clueless. Sounds like it would be nice but there are just so many logistics.
Any info and advice wld be so appreciated.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 11:15 am
For sure go with kids. Disney is totally kid centric. BUT be aware that the parks are very behe expensive.

If you want to keep
The trip free (or cheap) don’t go to the parks. And don’t bring the kids. Just hang out at the hotel pool or whatever.

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 11:35 am
There’s One meat and one dairy restaurant and one supermarket with kosher section
I think there’s a shul there but don’t know if there’s always Minyanim

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:22 pm
You’re gonna have to plug your dates into a search engines and see what flights and car rental will cost you. Prices vacilllate tremendously and flexibility with dates will be in your favor. Bringing food from home (rather than restaurant dining) will save you lots of money.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:23 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
There’s One meat and one dairy restaurant and one supermarket with kosher section
I think there’s a shul there but don’t know if there’s always Minyanim

A second meat restaurant just opened.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:29 pm
Orlando

Is this an actual prize or a timeshare sell?

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:32 pm
Yes the vacation can wind up costing you a lot of money even if the hotel is free because unless you stay at a luxury hotel often the room is the least expensive aspect of a trip.

You don't say how you won it but you should also read the fine print because often there are exclusions in terms of carving out dates when it can't be used because the hotel doesn't want to give away rooms during prime time like holidays or certain weekends.

Also sometimes these free hotel things are actually just a ploy to get people to listen to a mandatory sales pitch on time shares. Again this may or may not be true depending on how you "won" the trip.

I live near Disneyland and my honest opinion is that your kids are too young to really enjoy the experience. My brother was super eager to take my niece to Disneyland when she was that age and she really didn't appreciate the experience and it just wasn't worth the price of the tickets - and they are even more expensive now. My joke was that we could have taken her to the local playground and she would have been just as excited because she didn't really understand the characters and so she would get excited by seeing a flower patch :-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics