Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What is the solution? Lakewood
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 4:36 pm
keym wrote:
I know lots of families old Lakewood Yeshivish families in Bnos Melech, Bais Faiga, and Bais Rivka Rochel who really only allow Uncle Moishy or Miami concerts bdieved, bdieved, bdieved.
But those families also don't have access to Imamother.
But there are many of them, just not here

I don’t think they’d even be in a conversation about watching movies because things like that are off their radar.
Also at this point I think they’re probably the tiny minority in Lakewood…. When you look around

keym

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 4:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t think they’d even be in a conversation about watching movies because things like that are off their radar.
Also at this point I think they’re probably the tiny minority in Lakewood…. When you look around

Depends where you look.
If you're on 7th Street? Tom's River? Central? Jackson? Westgate?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 4:42 pm
keym wrote:
Depends where you look.
If you're on 7th Street? Tom's River? Central? Jackson? Westgate?

I’m in none of those but a yeshivish developemnt on south side of the Lakewood. Most of my neighbors are in Toras Menachem, Bnos Devora, Tiferes , Etc
Was very shocked hearing how many people watch nonJeiwsh videos - I’m talking things like curious George nothing so scandalous but still.

Regardless PP was talking about more middle of the road schools like Neemas and Meoros I don’t think she was looking for a place where they don’t watch uncle moishy

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 4:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m in none of those but a yeshivish developemnt on south side of the Lakewood. Most of my neighbors are in Toras Menachem, Bnos Devora, Tiferes , Etc
Was very shocked hearing how many people watch nonJeiwsh videos - I’m talking things like curious George nothing so scandalous but still.

Regardless PP was talking about more middle of the road schools like Neemas and Meoros I don’t think she was looking for a place where they don’t watch uncle moishy
I thought people who let their kids watch uncle Moishy do curious George as well. And by non Jewish movies you meant Disney. At this point I’m just confused lol

And like keym said im talking the Uber yeshivish crowd like in yeshiva area proper or a few specific neighborhoods. It’s very common around here.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 4:54 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
I thought people who let their kids watch uncle Moishy do curious George as well. And by non Jewish movies you meant Disney. At this point I’m just confused lol

And like keym said im talking the Uber yeshivish crowd like in yeshiva area proper or a few specific neighborhoods. It’s very common around here.

Curious George is not Jewish. It’s harmless probably but it’s not in any way Jewish. Disney is also not Jewish. Some people are fine with CG but not Disney. Everyone has their own standard. But if someone watches curious George or berensrain bears they don’t watch only Jewish.

keym

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 4:54 pm

We don't watch anything. Almost never.
Once a year (before Pesach) I'll let them watch Uncle Moishy on the computer. And I'll let them watch their camp videos after their reunions. But that's it.
We NEVER watch anything nonJewish except Curious George and Bob the Builder at Dr Shanik and the dentist.
It's a lot hashkafa. But mostly because my kids really act crazy from screens. Disregulated and fighting.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:02 pm
keym wrote:
We don't watch anything. Almost never.
Once a year (before Pesach) I'll let them watch Uncle Moishy on the computer. And I'll let them watch their camp videos after their reunions. But that's it.
We NEVER watch anything nonJewish except Curious George and Bob the Builder at Dr Shanik and the dentist.
It's a lot hashkafa. But mostly because my kids really act crazy from screens. Disregulated and fighting.
I let my kids watch a little bit during lockdown because I was desperate for something for them to do. I didn’t like what it did to them either. So it’s for the best really

My husband is very very yeshivish and I try not to do things he will consider inappropriate. Movies, even frum ones just aren’t worth it to me. If it weren’t for him I’d probably do it once in a while though.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 11:47 pm
I'm bumping this up. Did the poster that was looking for a school find a school?
What would be considered a community school in lkwd now with all types? Do they have that?

Perrys

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Shiras will be second year
The other in first year I think

I would suggest if you’re hemish and very frum (not trendy type ) look into Bnos Tzipa , very warm right wing smaller school with a good number of Heimish families z

I think shiras by is opening a2nd grade this year

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:22 pm
amother [ Nemesia ] wrote:
no, I don't want snobs. I also don't want to go to war with my child everyday on how we are the only one that can't watchwhatever or wear this... if the whole class is on group chats and we don't allow it ... your kid ends up suffering and it could even lead to rebellion because you were too strict

So don’t be too strict, duh…

If are SOO frum or shtark or holy, obviously the school is not for you
If that’s the only school that would take you, you clearly didn’t do a proper due diligence before moving

One of many reasons why I won’t go to Lakewood

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Curious George is not Jewish. It’s harmless probably but it’s not in any way Jewish. Disney is also not Jewish. Some people are fine with CG but not Disney. Everyone has their own standard. But if someone watches curious George or berensrain bears they don’t watch only Jewish.

How come there is such an emphasis on this nonsense.
While it’s obvious from this thread that disgusting middos is perfectly acceptable ..

Mind boggling

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 12:47 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I'm bumping this up. Did the poster that was looking for a school find a school?
What would be considered a community school in lkwd now with all types? Do they have that?
Bais yaakov ocean county?

Chayalle

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 1:37 pm
Bais yaakov ocean county?

Although they accept everybody, they are not a school with all types.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 2:01 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:

Bnos bracha is probably the closest
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics