Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Potato Kugel Lady where are you?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 9:09 pm
We need a new story!! Smile

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 10:15 pm
She’s putting her cheese cakes in water baths.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 7:47 pm
Hi, Potato Kugel lady here...
I've been off the grid for a while working on a project that is all-consuming, so I haven't had any time to come here and write.

But I'm here now for a few minutes and I see I've been missed, and no, I haven't been soaking any cheesecakes in water baths or making any cheesecakes at all, for that matter. Kugel is my thing, not cake. (I mean, I would eat the cake, not make the cake. I mean, I like to have my cake and eat it too, but not to actually bake it, you know?)

In any case, since life continues, and life is one big story, I have lots of little stories to share. Just they are still in my head at the present moment and not sure when they will be released to the public. Meanwhile...

Hope you all have a wonderful day (night, whatever...)
PKL

iyar

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 8:49 pm
PKL, you are missed.
Just saying…

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 1:10 am
I'm glad you're busy with good things!

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 1:41 am
Can someone post a link to the original potato kugel story? Thanks! Smile

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 2:50 am
amother [ Lily ] wrote:
Can someone post a link to the original potato kugel story? Thanks! Smile

Yes would love to read it.

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 4:45 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=440718

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....61357

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....61748

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....57642

Thanks!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:43 am
Hope your cleaning help is still working out!
I’m the one from lakewood who couldn’t find anyone for a few months. Hashem finally sent me someone before pesach and BH it’s good. (Aside for the fact that I never ever had to pay the ridiculous amount of $18 an hour…)

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:48 am
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
I’m the one from lakewood who couldn’t find anyone for a few months. Hashem finally sent me someone before pesach and BH it’s good. (Aside for the fact that I never ever had to pay the ridiculous amount of $18 an hour…)

Right now I'd even be happy with $18/hour 🙁

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:58 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Right now I'd even be happy with $18/hour 🙁

$18 isn’t bad. Where I live $20 is average

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:25 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I'm glad you're busy with good things!

You're assuming a lot, my dear.

But it happens to be that you're right.
I'm working on something that has been on my bucket list since I'm, like, 5. (A loooong time ago.) So, I'm basically actualizing a life long dream. So that's got to be a good thing, right? And it has nothing to do with kugels or the kitchen at all. (And I'm not running for public office, either.)

Coming to the end of my project, BH.

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:44 pm

Yes, Nora is still with us. BH she is working out well. She has a very pleasant personality, doesn't lecture me or have any quirks.
She is a good cleaner, even if she is slightly clumsy. She cut her finger once and fell flat on her face two times. Once, she slipped on
the wet floor as she was mopping and, as she was going down, she hit her face against a cabinet, smashing her glasses. But, bH, she wasn't mad at me, and she was able to get her glasses fixed for free.

But all in all, I'm really happy with her and she tolerates my faults as well, so we're all good.

Oh, and she is a good potato peeler. And she knows how to clean chickens. What else can you ask for?

I'm so happy for you that you finally found good cleaning help and that you are giving Hashem the credit. And $18 an hour is probably worth it, if she is worth it.

I was just listening to a podcast yesterday where they were talking about money. The speaker (Rabbi Arye Nivin) said that money is basically energy. So when you give someone a service, you are giving them your energy. In exchange, you are receiving their energy. So when you strip away the negative connotation, you just have to see if the energies that are being exchanged are of equal value. To me, the money I pay my cleaning help is worth the energy I receive from her.

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 10:57 pm

(Funny about the timing here but I just got a message from Nora that she has an emergency and is off to Texas tomorrow. And she doesn't know when she will be back....actually not very funny... )

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 11:06 pm
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
(Funny about the timing here but I just got a message from Nora that she has an emergency and is off to Texas tomorrow. And she doesn't know when she will be back....actually not very funny... )

Banging head not funny!!
They all do this no matter how nice you are…
I hope she’s back in a few days! Maybe you can call a cleaning crew if she’s not back before shabbos..

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 2:10 am
Banging head not funny!!
They all do this no matter how nice you are…
I hope she’s back in a few days! Maybe you can call a cleaning crew if she’s not back before shabbos..

She did not come back...which means I'm back to square one, trying out one lady after another. The stories I can tell...(but I won't share because some people seemed to take offense in the previous thread.)

On the bright side, I haven't heard from Maria in a while, so I think that parsha is officially closed.

Someone should write a book "Finding and Retaining Good Cleaning help for Dummies."
I would buy it. It would sell like hotcakes. (what are hotcakes?)
Actually, maybe I should write it. Once I find someone else to do the cleaning while I write....

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:47 pm
Hi potato kugel lady!
How are you?
Been thinking of you…
(Maybe because I just put a kugel in the oven and then got a text from my Maria that she won’t be coming tomorrow…)
Hope you’re busy with good things!

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 1:51 pm
Any update to share about the car situation? I feel so bad about what happened.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 2:06 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Any update to share about the car situation? I feel so bad about what happened.

Car? What happened?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics