Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Struggling to find a Blonde Sheitel
Previous  1  2

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 6:23 pm
livliv123 wrote:
Hi everyone!
I recently started covering my hair again after six years of not doing so. I began covering after I got married but never became very familiar with sheitels. My mother is very generously willing to purchase me a nice wig, even so, I still want to be aware of pricing. I have very blonde hair and am struggling a lot to find a decent wig. The Shevy wigs were priced at 5000$ US for my colour and length, and they look beautiful but I feel uncomfortable asking my mother to pay such a high price. The sheitel macher suggested the Sary line, which is more middle of the line, but I read DOZENS of very negative reviews online. I’m very confused by this whole process....I’m looking for a mid level blonde wig that can be coloured and isn’t total garbage. Any suggestions??? Thank you so much everyone!

Wow! Amazing that you have taken this upon yourself!

Just want to say I've done it all- two extremely high end blonde wigs (including Shevy) and after bad experiences, been just doing cheaper brands, like Irene and Eve and Chloe. I haven't seen much difference in quality, just customer service. Also, Sheitles are very individual!!! Each piece is different. My tips:

1. Use someone (even if a bit more $$) with amazing customer service and talented with cutting, hairlines, etc. It's all in the details and cut, and using someone who is willing to give you the extra time to make it right makes a WORLD of a difference.

2. Buy your color up front. Don't let them start messing with a darker piece, dying it, etc. They allllll oxidize, so just buy the piece you like as is. Another idea is having them add strips of lighter blonde- gotten better results than highlighting the whole thing.

3. Styles change, and blonde hair oxidizes quick- alllll of it. I hate to say it, but I've had much better results buying cheaper wigs- that I like from the get-go-more frequently than expensive wigs and trying to make them "hold up". Whenever my old wigs start to fall apart I convert them to be a fall.

Hatzlacha!!!! 😊

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 7:36 pm
Don’t get an Irene. My blonde sheitel oxidized so quickly and the hair was coarse. Was really unhappy with it

jf

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 8:35 pm
I have been very happy with my blonde Freedas, and their customer service is terrific.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 8:55 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
As a sheitel macher and a blonde, irenes oxidize the fastest and to the point of no return. Sary is a close second. Both gorgeous, but just have that in mind.
I strongly recommend kiki.

Kiki does not have as big as a blonde variety as Irene.

Some of us are really blonde.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 8:59 pm
I've had beautiful blonde Eva and chloes, and Kiki's. The hair on the Kiki was silkier but the Eva and chloe holds style better. Both color blends were very natural and not one tone. I think the first step is finding a shaitel macher you can trust who really knows her stuff and stands behind her work and product. If you say where you are, maybe a blonde can help you out!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 9:24 pm
Im not OP but Im following. I need a very comfy size large cap. tia

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 10:15 am
EPL wrote:
My daughter has an almost new blonde Miri, that was cut by a high end stylist in Manhattan, and she never wears it. If you private msg me, I'll give you all the details.

What doesnt your daughter like about her Miri Sheitel? I was considering a Miri because theyre good with blondes and make size large caps, so Id like to know.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels