Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How to bring bracha to a new house

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 12:54 pm
We just bought a house bh, and though we can afford it, its pretty tight.
My siblings/siblings in law and most out friends can't afford one, some have way more kids than us.

Of course nobody is outright jealous, and they all wished us the best, but I know some of them really wish it could be them. I am so nervous about an ayin hara kind of thing.

Its just such a huge huge purchase and a huge responsibility and a huge life change, and I really am nervous that it should work out well and we should have bracha and hapiness and enough money in the new house. Any ideas what to do. Besides davening of course.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 12:55 pm
start a weekly tehilim group in your home
brocha v hatzlocha

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 12:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We just bought a house bh, and though we can afford it, its pretty tight.
My siblings/siblings in law and most out friends can't afford one, some have way more kids than us.

Of course nobody is outright jealous, and they all wished us the best, but I know some of them really wish it could be them. I am so nervous about an ayin hara kind of thing.

Its just such a huge huge purchase and a huge responsibility and a huge life change, and I really am nervous that it should work out well and we should have bracha and hapiness and enough money in the new house. Any ideas what to do. Besides davening of course.

I will tell you what Dina Friedman says on this exact question - she says that when you have an ayin tova for others - if you fargin, let others have their good things happily and are happy for the success of others then ayin hara is simply not a vibrational match for you. No harm will come to you from ayin hara because you have a good outlook for others.

Be generous of spirit for others' joys, successes and that will reflect back to you.

ila

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 12:56 pm
Use it to make mitzvot in good health and thank hashem for this gift and live with happiness and if you can bring guests

cheeseaddict

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 2:52 pm
We had our rav (I think it could be anyone who loves you and wants only good for you) come in first and look through all the rooms with an ayin tova.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 3:04 pm
Bring the following into your home, better if it's the first items to come in:

Siddur, chumash, tehillim (Tanya) bread and salt
Pushka - best if attached to the wall so that the home becomes a part of a mitzvah.

(This set:
https://store.kehotonline.com/.....SS.SB )

https://www.sie.org/templates/.....y.htm

You might find this page an interesting read.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 3:12 pm
We made certain kabalos for the new house; No watching non Jewish videos (was so difficult at the beginning) and bentching out loud together after the shabbos Seuda. We had a lot of brocha in our new house bh!

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 4:14 pm
OP, I'm so happy for you and wish you much success, mazel and happiness in your new home.

Maybe have in mind that you bought the house be able to serve Hashem better, with more harchavas hadaas.

May we only have such happy questions on imamother.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 4:16 pm
Thank Hashem daily for the house.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 4:27 pm
I recently moved and we host out of town guests often for neighborhood Simchas. We’ve also hosted a few rebbes that needed a place to be. We try to do hachnasas orchim whenever we can.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:51 pm
Mazal tov op! Iyh may your family and friends buy soon as well.
You can bring little children to learn Torah (you can add tefilla and tzedaka as well) in your new home. Their pure Torah is higher than everything.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:48 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
Thank Hashem daily for the house.

This. Also make a kabbalah to bli neder say nishmas daily and thank Hashem for the house and all the good in your life.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating