Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Natural way to cure seizures.- without meds
Previous  1  2

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 12:56 pm
I was just reading an article from Dr. James Greenblatt about the tremendous benefits of a ketogenic diet for children with seizures, as well as many other neurological conditions.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 4:03 pm
Neurofeedback can also help.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 9:05 pm
Bump

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 9:52 pm
You should contact someone from the Charlie foundation.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 11:15 pm
Thanks!!

Frumwithallergies

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 11:48 pm
There are many types of seizures (and epilepsy). Sleep and stress-management go hand-in-hand with medication. Please don't mess around with your child's health! Children can die CV'S from uncontrolled seizures.

Look up SUDEP.

Please also disclose to your child's neuro when you add integrative medical therapies!

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 12:35 am
My dc's absence seizures went away after she started abx for pandas. Bh they never came back.

Have you tried to reach out to the Doman Institute?

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 8:04 pm
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
My dc's absence seizures went away after she started abx for pandas. Bh they never came back.

Have you tried to reach out to the Doman Institute?

My DD12 was just diagnosed with epilepsy for absence seizures. Do you think it may actually be pandas thats causing it? Can you elaborate on how you figured out your dc had pandas?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 9:34 pm
You can do blood work.
You can be in contact with a nutritionist and ask what to test.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 9:35 pm
Just curious , did your daughter have any seizures before age 12?

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 2:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just curious , did your daughter have any seizures before age 12?

yes, she had absence seizures at age 6, they went away after 6 months on meds & then we weaned her off it. She was seizure free since then, until now. I do believe they were probably triggered by hormonal changes, since she is in the developing stage now. We noticed her "spacing out/staring" throughout the day & checked her out as a precaution. By the time they admitted her and hooked her up to the EEG, it was a good 8 hours later and the eeg showed she was still having seizerus, she was in constant non convulsive status then, which alarmed me since she was acting mostly ok. Im afraid to take her off the meds but at the same time I want to find something natural and see if the neurologist agrees to it.

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 3:09 pm
Wow, as the mother of a child who has had seizures since infancy, please do not try to ‘cure’ this naturally, whatever that means. Even the Keto diet, which is great for some forms of epilepsy, is a huge undertaking and is done in consultation with a neurologist and a nutritionist. I don’t know what kind of seizures your child has but I do want to remind you that every seizure damages the brain to some extent, and SUDEP is a serious risk. Please make sure to talk to a qualified neurologist.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 3:17 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Keto diet is amazing for seizures.

But it’s a specific kind of keto diet

Explain more?

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 3:19 pm
My neurologist told me the keto approach to epilepsy works well sometimes with infants/really little kids, but he hasn’t seen much success with it with adults. And he told me it’s an extremely restrictive form of keto that makes people miserable (and isn’t always enough to control seizures on its own anyway). We didn’t get into specifics, since he didn’t recommend it for me. I’m curious though.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 3:59 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
My neurologist told me the keto approach to epilepsy works well sometimes with infants/really little kids, but he hasn’t seen much success with it with adults. And he told me it’s an extremely restrictive form of keto that makes people miserable (and isn’t always enough to control seizures on its own anyway). We didn’t get into specifics, since he didn’t recommend it for me. I’m curious though.

Someone I spoke to said she cured her daughter's seizures by completely removing food coloring from her diet. She said even the salmon fish at the stores have food coloring so it should look nicer. Im skeptical though. Maybe it works better with an older child that understands how to research ingredients on their own before eating.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 4:06 pm
I would imagine that’s why it works best with infants and very young children, where you can completely control their diets 100%

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 4:11 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
My DD12 was just diagnosed with epilepsy for absence seizures. Do you think it may actually be pandas thats causing it? Can you elaborate on how you figured out your dc had pandas?

Hi was I the one who wrote that post? I'm guessing yes.
We didn't connect the absence seizures to pandas but we started treating her for pandas because of other symptoms she was displaying, ocd, rage etc, and we noticed the seizures disappeared within a relatively short time, so it was my guess that it was connected but we have no actual way to confirm this. I'm just saying it May be something to look into, especially if there is anything else that's not 100% neurotypical about this child.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics