Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Is this normal wear and tear?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 4:27 pm
I bought a pair of Fascani loafers at full price yiddish store a week before Shavuos with the hope that it'll last at least half the summer. It's barely four weeks and it's a total goner. The front seem opened on one shoe and both arches are disconnected and out. My daughter is only 4, so obviously I understand that it wouldn't last long... but really? Is this how quickly it gets ruined? Life is just too expensive now! I will definitely only buy her cheap shoes now that I see the expensive ones last just as long as the cheap ones do.
But my question is, is this a legit reason for me to go back to the store and complain?

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 4:30 pm
It really depends but usually kids don’t wear those for play so they don’t get destroyed. It should t get that ruined from walking around to shul etc.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 4:32 pm
She played a lot outside with them. So I guess it's normal...

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 4:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She played a lot outside with them. So I guess it's normal...

Ya most kids change to floafers or sneakers to play. You can’t expect leather shoes to hold up with running or bike/ scooter.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 5:09 pm
I would take them back to the store. Fascani shoes should last a few months even with intense play. The only thing that not considered 'normal wear and tear' is dragging/scraping the front of the shoe while scootering or on a riding toy/car.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 5:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I bought a pair of Fascani loafers at full price yiddish store a week before Shavuos with the hope that it'll last at least half the summer. It's barely four weeks and it's a total goner. The front seem opened on one shoe and both arches are disconnected and out. My daughter is only 4, so obviously I understand that it wouldn't last long... but really? Is this how quickly it gets ruined? Life is just too expensive now! I will definitely only buy her cheap shoes now that I see the expensive ones last just as long as the cheap ones do.
But my question is, is this a legit reason for me to go back to the store and complain?

Fancy shoes definitely dont last longer just because of the higher prices. People assume fancy shoes last longer or are better but they dont last. Also, kids should be wearing sneakers especially if they will be playing in them.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:18 pm
My neighbors were just talking about how their kids shabbos shoes look like for the garbage and they were so expensive
I bought from AliExpress and they are still in brand new condition
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics