Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shein tops

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:14 am
I'm a Shein newbie. Do I go by the size or my measurements? I'm a true xl maybe bordering on 1x depending. THanks.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:18 am
I find their sizes vary greatly. Sometimes I order an item in two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit. I'm sometimes a large, sometimes an XL, and occasionally a medium. So go by their measurements (and be aware they may be off, or have no stretch, etc...)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:19 am
Chayalle wrote:
I find their sizes vary greatly. Sometimes I order an item in two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit. I'm sometimes a large, sometimes an XL, and occasionally a medium. So go by their measurements (and be aware they may be off, or have no stretch, etc...)

Is it worth the risk?

srbmom

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:19 am
Definitely measurements. Shein isn't only a brand, it is a marketplace for other brands, so the sizing can vary drastically

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it worth the risk?

Depends on how you look at risk. I don't find it a big deal to order from Shein and return what I don't want. No risk for me.

If you are the type that finds processing returns difficult, then more risk for you.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:10 am
I read reviews diligently. Many people post pictures with their sizes so you actually get a decent idea of how the item runs and see the quality of it and if it's worth the risk.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:10 am
Double post

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:19 am
Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 5:54 pm
Not all items have reviews.
It tells you what size the model's wearing and what her measurements are and it doesn't match the size chart.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 6:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not all items have reviews.
It tells you what size the model's wearing and what her measurements are and it doesn't match the size chart.

So for those items, that's a risk of whether you want to return it or not.
Personally, they usually have a large selection that I could find other things instead. If it is something that you think you would really like and don't mind returning it in case it doesn't work out, than go for it!

I personally am not that size but maybe you can post the item and someone here can give you a review?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 6:22 pm
I find that the measurements they post are really helpful. Take an outfit that you like the fit, measure it, and voila! Now you know what size you need.

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:32 am
Their sizes are all over the place. I wear an XL and ordered 3 dresses in a 2XL because I thought I should size up. One was too big, one was skin tight, and one fit perfectly but I decided I didn't like it. They all went back. I ordered the too big one in the next size down, and it was still too big, so I ended up taking it in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics