Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Starting a business--Need help!
Previous  1  2

essie14

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I guess I'm still confused how something like IG can help me. I have 1 course, my 10 part cake decorating course. That's it. I'm not an expert in the subject and I won't be offering follow ups or additional series. The point is to offer a very good course that will sell itself to different people.
What are people following me for on IG?

Is this unrealistic?

Yes, it's unrealistic.
Nothing sells itself.
You're selling YOU.
Get on IG, and get people to know you and trust you. Then after you've given them reasons to know you and like you and trust you, offer a paid course. If they like you, they'll pay money for more of what you've shown them on IG.
Some IG accounts, off the top of my head, that do this are
Rachel Tuchman
Confident kallah
Peasloveandcarrots
Balaganbegone
Sinamizrahi

I'm sure other people can chime in here.
Get on IG and start following these people and get to know their marketing strategies.

ETA:
Most Cookbook authors are on IG. You can ask yourself "why would I buy your cookbook if you post recipes on IG?"
Because IG is just a sample of their recipes. If you like the person and enjoy following them and enjoy the recipes you see, you will pay money for their cookbook.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:30 am
Just by the way - if you’re looking for publicity, instagram is great. But anyone with a shred of marketing experience can tell you that instagram is not the way to go if you’re looking for conversions and not just hype. You’re better off relying on digital or printed ads.

cutebaby

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 5:58 am
Reaching your audience can be challenging. Given your budget constraint and social media concerns, email marketing might work well. Building a website and collecting email addresses can be an effective, low-cost approach. You can send course updates, promotions, freebies, or incentivize referrals.
Regarding Instagram, it's not about daily updates but creating visibility. You can post about course previews, student testimonials, or success stories. Now, since you're hesitant to run it yourself, this spam removed can help you check ads on Instagram by your competitors without creating an account to understand the benefits better.
And about free content, remember, people value what they pay for. You can give small preoccupations, like '10-minute icing techniques', without diluting your main course.

Last edited by cutebaby on Sat, Oct 21 2023, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:59 am
I think you should create an ad on Canva and have people you know who are on Whatsapp send it around to their WhatsApp groups.

a2z

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 8:12 am
I've heard of someone who had a raffle and everyone who sent her info out to 5 people and bc'd her got a ticket and that way she built a mailing list also.
Hope I made sense
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics