Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Teaching Salary Florida

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 2:13 am
Considering a teaching position. I have a rate in mind that I would like to ask for and I am unsure what the going rate is here. Prefer not to high-ball or low ball way out of range and lose out on a position that may come up in the field. Roughly 6yr experience combined = BA in Social Sciences.

What is the going rate for middle school? High school? (Part time or full time, just specify please)

If you dont mind posting and specifying where you work (or which area of S. Florida) and what your income + amount of hours worked are, that would be so super helpful!

Thank you!

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:26 am
I'm assuming you're referring to a yeshiva day school? Are you looking for a half day or full day?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:11 am
Teaching Kodesh or chol?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:22 am
amother [ Ebony ] wrote:
I'm assuming you're referring to a yeshiva day school? Are you looking for a half day or full day?

Jewish school there are several considerations the answer can be for part time or full time, just specify when responding

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:44 pm
I've taught down here for 10 years, both in middle school, and elementary. In my experience, a "going-rate" doesn't exist and depends largely on years of experience, hours that you will be working, and grade level/subject that you will teach. Elementary tends to pay less, however in my experience, there is less at home work when you teach elementary (less grading, and prep can be easier depending on what you are teaching and if you are getting curricular materials or not).

1/2 day in middle school, I was getting $30,000 teaching Language Arts. 1/2 day elementary (limudei chol), I was getting $27,000 when I started. Seems like the middle school was more, but the at-home hours that I had to put in were exponentially more in the middle school than in the elementary school, so it made sense for me to make the move to elementary and take a few thousand dollar pay cut and be more present for my family in the time that I was at home. I don't regret it at all.

Hope that helps.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 2:27 am
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
I've taught down here for 10 years, both in middle school, and elementary. In my experience, a "going-rate" doesn't exist and depends largely on years of experience, hours that you will be working, and grade level/subject that you will teach. Elementary tends to pay less, however in my experience, there is less at home work when you teach elementary (less grading, and prep can be easier depending on what you are teaching and if you are getting curricular materials or not).

1/2 day in middle school, I was getting $30,000 teaching Language Arts. 1/2 day elementary (limudei chol), I was getting $27,000 when I started. Seems like the middle school was more, but the at-home hours that I had to put in were exponentially more in the middle school than in the elementary school, so it made sense for me to make the move to elementary and take a few thousand dollar pay cut and be more present for my family in the time that I was at home. I don't regret it at all.

Hope that helps.

Which school if you dont mind me asking?
With negotiation looks like its impossible to get even 27k where I applied.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics