Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
The right yeshiva for an 18 year old boy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 1:18 am
My nephew was not happy in mesivta. He is a smart boy, but not at the level of a top tier yeshiva. He went to a place where the learning level was too low, although it did have good and nice rebbeim. Then he switched to a place where the kids in his class acted up and acted out in a very immature fashion. He needs a place- either 12th grade or he would skip to first year beis midrash= where the learning is strong= again not top tier but decent caliber. He needs a smaller yeshiva where the Rosh Yeshiva and Rebbeim are very warm and interested in the individual talmid.
Please share any ideas you have. Thank you so much.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 1:35 am
You didnt mention whether you want a very black hat place or a more MO type crowd

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 2:43 am
The family is yeshivish, but there is flexibility, it can be "American yeshivish"

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:16 am
Please call rabbi Strauss. This is what he does. He will be able to suggest a good place. He doesn’t charge.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:38 am
In case you need it:
Rabbi Binyamin Strauss: 732-370-2874

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:15 pm
Thanks so much!
They will call him.
Does anyone's husband, brother, son, have experience with such a yeshiva that they can share and recommend?

keym

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:22 pm
I've heard very good things about the Rebbi/Talmud relationship in Treffs. I don't know anything about the learning level. But it may be worth looking into.

There's a place Yaaros Dvash that also at least in the younger grades is touted as trying to help each boy accomplish his own individual level. Brody's.

Perrs.

Stern/Klein, Berelowitz/Pinter, Woodlake.

Krupenias is quite Yeshivish but the Rebbeim develop a relationship.

I have an 8th and 9th grader so I've asked and looked into quite a few places.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:14 am
If Baltimore is an option, they could look into this:

https://ygohrhatorah.org/

It was started in order to be a smaller, warmer, less intense Yeshiva than Ner Yisrael.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 11:48 pm
Thank you so very much. I have conveyed these suggestions to the boy's parents. Your taking the time to respond is really appreciated, as will be any additional suggestions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries