Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Why is everything so complicated?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:02 am
I bought chocolate yesterday to give to my nine-year-old's teacher who really put tons of work into her personally, planning to give it to her along with a card and maybe one from my daughter herself, and the open question of whether to a gift card too. (We participated in a group present but it doesn't seem enough and anyway I want the option to write our thanks personally for what this teacher has given my daughter, above and beyond.)

Now my daughter tells me her teacher DEFINITELY doesn't want chocolate, and everyone gives chocolate, and her teacher doesn't like sweet things at all, and to give her instead maybe potato chips 😂 or flowers. What to do and why is everything always so complicated?

imasinger

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:20 am
You can kvetch about the changes, I'm sitting here impressed about a 9 year old who has noticed this and can tell you about it. What a gem!

Now, you'll know to consult with her ahead of time about teacher gifts.😃

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:28 am
I would just give it, you aren’t required to have that information.

gootlfriends

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:35 am
My 11 year old gets therapy in school. When we discussed mishloach man's, she told me what each person liked based on conversations and what she saw in their rooms. They loved the personalized food! And she was so proud! They will appreciate whatever you send though.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:50 am
I would give it anyway. She can use it for her family or for guests. Or if she is like me, she enjoys her chocolate when no one else is looking. 😆Especially little people who will want to share.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 6:44 am
Thanks everyone for your input!

The update is that I SHOWED the chocolate to my kid. And I guess they were so pretty that she changed her tune and asked if she could please put them into the little compartments (I bought the candy by weight and separately the plastic subdivided thing to put them into... and I bought five types and there are only four compartments so there was choosing to do too).

So now she says it's okay, if the teacher doesn't want to eat it she'll give to her family. And also maybe she really does like chocoalte, just not other sweet things (which is actually quite plausible to me). And we put a pretty ribbon so I think now she's happy and excited to give it.

Thank G-d!!!

This teacher went above and beyond for this kid in particular, so I wanted the gift to be a nice one but also for my daughter to be a part of giving it. (Don't worry, she also wrote a card too.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics