Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Diaper sampler kit for new baby - is this worth it for price

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:16 am
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1.....=cart

Looking for gift for SIL who is almost due. Love the idea and would have enjoyed it with my first baby. However the price comes out to over $1 per diaper which is kind of ridiculous. OTOH I definitely wasted a lot of money buying full packs of many brands and not using more than 2-3 of the diapers when they didn't work for my baby

Thoughts?

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:00 pm
I never had to switch brands for any of my babys.. I just chose the cheapest kind....

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:10 pm
I think this is a cute-ish idea but crazy overpriced. I would not buy it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:16 pm
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
I never had to switch brands for any of my babys.. I just chose the cheapest kind....

So I found some leaked more and some made my baby break out/ get diaper rash much quicker

For instance Up and Up was NOT cheapest for my babies because I ended up needing to change them much more frequently

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:17 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
I think this is a cute-ish idea but crazy overpriced. I would not buy it.

Thanks for your thoughts

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:19 pm
I wouldnt do it there are places/websites where you can get free samples. why pay for them?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:23 pm
It’s a nice gift. Some people would appreciate it. Gifts are often things the person wouldn’t get on their own, an extra.
I have never had an issue with diaper brands, but many have.
A package of diapers is welcome to a new mom.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:42 pm
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:

Lol same. I’m lo maintenance and raise my kids to be the same! You get the diaper u get and you don’t get upset

amother
Chicory

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 3:16 pm
So not worth it, this is some random person who has opened these packages and possibly has animals around who knows who touched these diapers etc… definitely not something I’d use. Also I personally tried 3 different companies but over a few month period, both because there were some companies I liked or because I tried it beforehand from someone or because of price. It usually happens organically, it’s not like pacifiers that many switch around a lot in the beginning to see which one baby will like…

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:03 pm
Not worth it. We try out brands, buy small bags, swap diapers with someone (2 pampers for 2 target) to see if it works for our babies...
It is a gimmic and not worth it.

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:06 pm
The idea is cute, but I usually need more than 2 or 3 diapers to make a decision about how much I like or dislike a brand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics