Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Decorators: Giving White Wood Kitchen an elegant very modern

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 9:30 am
Im redoing an old raised panel wood kitchen and I want to give an old Wood Kitchen that Im painting white, an elegant very modern look?

Cabinets (unfortunately theyre raised panel in a rectangular design) will be painted white.
Floor is black white marbley look and is staying.
Counter has to be black granite to go with existing busy floor.

Kitchen has dummy soffit, what can I do there?

What do I do:

on backsplash (cant be too busy because floor is),
lighting,
hardware (knobs)
walls

to give this kind of kitchen a "wow" modern look?

tia

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:41 am
Instead of a black granite countertop, go with white with black and grey grains, it will bring it all together and won't darken the whole kitchen. You'll also be able to bring the granite all the way up as a backslash, which looks phenomenal (black all the way up closes up the space too much).

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:53 am
Are you cabinets in very good condition and do you like the configuration and functionality.

I ask because painting cabinets correctly is not cheap and you will then be spending a lot of money to work around old cabinets and it just might not make economic sense.

You might be better off making less expensive cosmetic changes and saving until you can afford to really update with modern cabinets.

Also - FWIW - wood stain cabinets are becoming more popular and so you might want to rethink painting them. A painted cabinet will not last as long or be as durable as a wood stained cabinet - especially one that isn't painted in the factory originally.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:26 am
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
Instead of a black granite countertop, go with white with black and grey grains, it will bring it all together and won't darken the whole kitchen. You'll also be able to bring the granite all the way up as a backslash, which looks phenomenal (black all the way up closes up the space too much).

I would do exactly this, with gold mate hardware.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:30 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I would do exactly this, with gold mate hardware.

Yes. And lots of spotlights for lighting
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics