Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is it worth it?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 2:39 pm
Is a home laser/IPL machine worth it or is it a waste of money?

amother
Pink

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 2:47 pm
I got the Braun one on Amazon a few months ago. I researched a lot, and like many electronic products, some people love it and some people hate it.

My skin is on the fair side, and my hair on the darker side, and that’s the ideal combo for these machines.

It really works! I used to have to shave my legs/underarms every day or other day in the summer. Now I only notice hair growing after over a week of not shaving!

I’ve been using it once a week since the end of February. I do go over the same spot about 3-4 times each session, even though they say to do it just once.

amother
Daphne

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 3:32 pm
I have the Tria laser and it does work. I have PCOS and severe hair growth (like a man’s.. it’s awful). I couldn’t stomach the thought of paying for professional lasers for the amount I need and also it’s just way too embarrassing for me. So I got the Tria and don’t regret it. Don’t think it works as well as a professional laser but at least it’s private and much less expensive.

amother
Dandelion

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 3:39 pm
Can you guys post the links to what works? I bought cheap a no name brand and it was completely worthless.
I did laser on my face 20 years ago but it all came back once I had kids. The only thing that didn't come back was my eyebrows, prob because that hair isn't hormonal.
Severe PCOS here.

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 4:35 pm
The hardest part is shaving before each time. Makes the whole process hard. But I know shaving before going to a salon for laser is a must as well. It's the crevices that I can't get to that I need the laser for so that's annoying.

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 4:47 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
I have the Tria laser and it does work. I have PCOS and severe hair growth (like a man’s.. it’s awful). I couldn’t stomach the thought of paying for professional lasers for the amount I need and also it’s just way too embarrassing for me. So I got the Tria and don’t regret it. Don’t think it works as well as a professional laser but at least it’s private and much less expensive.

What areas did you do?

Does it work on chin/upper lip?

Does it hurt?

amother
Pink

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 5:54 pm
Here’s mine

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W.....ss_tl

I’m scared to try it on my face. I wear green laser protective goggles when I use it to protect my eyes and wouldn’t want to use it so close to my eyes.

It’s been great for my legs and underarms and bikini.

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 6:43 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
The hardest part is shaving before each time. Makes the whole process hard. But I know shaving before going to a salon for laser is a must as well. It's the crevices that I can't get to that I need the laser for so that's annoying.

I don't shave before laser ever! She actually told me not to shave for a week or two before coming. I wonder if these devices work differently?

ces

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 6:47 pm
I have the Braun IPL and I'm very happy with it. Used it for my lower legs first, it takes time and I wasn't always consistent about doing it weekly, but now I am basically hair free there. Occasionally a few hairs will grow and I'll shave them and IPL.
Underarm took much longer - it got lighter and grew slower but wasn't going away completely. Part of the problem was that it wouldn't sense my skin in some areas and therefore wouldn't flash. I took two small pieces of white paper and stuck them over the sensors and now I'm seeing significant improvement.
Lower arms had very quick improvement.
I just started bikini a few weeks ago and hope it doesn't take too long!

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 7:00 pm
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
I don't shave before laser ever! She actually told me not to shave for a week or two before coming. I wonder if these devices work differently?

The salon I went to for laser also said you must shave day before otherwise they won't do the laser. They say the laser attacks the hair instead of the root if the hair is above the skin. It also hurts more and then isn't effective for long term hair removal. But I do know there are different types of machines.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 07 2022, 6:16 pm
Thank you so much for your replies it's really helpful. My hair growth is also severe and its mortifying I really hope it will help me

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, May 07 2022, 9:30 pm
Do the at home laser machines make the hair stop growing completely or just slower?

amother
Stone

Post Sat, May 07 2022, 10:34 pm
How much does it hurt? Relative to actual laser, or to waxing?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 4:02 pm
ces wrote:
I have the Braun IPL and I'm very happy with it. Used it for my lower legs first, it takes time and I wasn't always consistent about doing it weekly, but now I am basically hair free there. Occasionally a few hairs will grow and I'll shave them and IPL.
Underarm took much longer - it got lighter and grew slower but wasn't going away completely. Part of the problem was that it wouldn't sense my skin in some areas and therefore wouldn't flash. I took two small pieces of white paper and stuck them over the sensors and now I'm seeing significant improvement.
Lower arms had very quick improvement.
I just started bikini a few weeks ago and hope it doesn't take too long!

Any update?
Just bought it and hoping to start on my bikini line.
Will it get rid of the hair completely or make it grow less often/more sparse?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 4:15 pm
I’m so glad that I started this in the winter!

My legs are mostly hair free. Bikini and underarms are about 1/4 of the hair they used to have.

I use it about once a week. The laser works with colors, so if you have light skin and medium/dark hair, it will work for you. Otherwise, maybe not.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 9:38 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I’m so glad that I started this in the winter!

My legs are mostly hair free. Bikini and underarms are about 1/4 of the hair they used to have.

I use it about once a week. The laser works with colors, so if you have light skin and medium/dark hair, it will work for you. Otherwise, maybe not.

Were you always using it once a week and cut down or have you been doing it once a week all this time?

I used it on Wednesday and I already have stubble and feel so itchy and this is why I hate shaving 😫

Do I need to wait till Wednesday to shave/laser again?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics