Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you remind about Anniversary?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:33 am
Hi!! Do you remind your spouse about your anniversary or just let it slide? Should I just get him a gift?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:36 am
We discuss beforehand how we're going to make it special. We do the same for birthdays.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:59 am
Don't let it slide. You'll likely end up being resentful.

We usually go out to eat on our anniversary, so I'll bring it up - next tuesday is our anniversary, when do you want to go out?

Sometimes he buys me a gift, sometimes I buy him a gift, sometimes we buy something together. That can go either way. It's not usually planned.

icedcoffee

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:21 pm
I bring it up but not as a nudge, more that it comes up naturally, like asking where he wants to go for dinner or how I can't believe we're almost going to be married X years. If you're worried he'll forget, just bring it up casually! No need to worry about a situation that could be easily avoided.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:24 pm
We discuss it in advance, what we're doing for our anniversary. If I want a gift I say that Smile. Usually we're discussing a date night.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:45 pm
No. Never had to. But we def both come up with ideas. Mine is next week and my hub knocked it out of the part!

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:47 pm
I see anniversary as something to plan together. Mine's coming up at the end of the summer. It's a big (milestone) one.

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:21 pm
Doesn't matter what others do; what matters is what makes YOU happy. If your dh is the type to forget and you're the type to feel awful about it, don't be a resentful fool; remind him early and often.

proudmomma

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:24 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
No. Never had to. But we def both come up with ideas. Mine is next week and my hub knocked it out of the part!

Mine is coming up and I'm out of ideas. Would you share what he's planning?

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:27 pm
proudmomma wrote:
Mine is coming up and I'm out of ideas. Would you share what he's planning?

Not sure this would appeal to anyone else but going overnight to a city 1.5 hours away that has a restaurant (the type of cuisine is unique) we both want to try. Plus we like the actual city too, so we’ll do some touring too.

I’m super excited

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 9:07 pm
amother [ Brass ] wrote:
Don't let it slide. You'll likely end up being resentful.

We usually go out to eat on our anniversary, so I'll bring it up - next tuesday is our anniversary, when do you want to go out?

Sometimes he buys me a gift, sometimes I buy him a gift, sometimes we buy something together. That can go either way. It's not usually planned.

This. I would put a reminder on his calendar in his/my phone as well.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 9:17 pm
It took us a few years to figure out what warrants a card, what a gift, etc, so BH we're in a pretty good groove now.

We usually go out to eat (we're simple people, lol) and since that's really exciting for my husband, he's usually the one to bring it up... "Where should we go for our anniversary in 2 weeks?" (Which reminds me to get a card lol)

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 9:25 pm
I always remind about stuff like that. My mother always used to get upset if my dad forgot something like that and I always wondered why she didn't just say something ahead of time. People forget things and dates, especially when it's at a busy time of year. I'm guilty of it myself so I certainly wouldn't hold it against someone else. I tell him when events are coming up and if there's anything I want/want to do. My DH has a good memory but he doesn't always know what day it is.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:02 pm
If he’s going to forget, remind him so that you won’t be upset when he doesn’t do anything special.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette