Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I HATE MY JOB
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 3:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I tried! in the past 2 weeks Ive sent my resume to approximately 10 places.
What else can I do???

Job searching takes time. You have to be persistent. Also willing to look at various options. Did you try using online job searches such as zip recruiter or indeed.com.
I did that over a year ago and I still get alerts for jobs in my area. (I'm satisfied with my current job but I like knowing what's out there.)

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 3:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What else can I do???
Network!

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 3:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What else can I do???

Depending on what kind of job you are looking for, two weeks is nothing.

Also how seriously are you doing a job search. If you are only responding to ads and sending in your resume you will have less success than if you network with people you know and even approach companies in fields that you want to work in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 3:48 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Network!

How?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 3:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What else can I do???

When I was looking for jobs, I applied to at least 10 a day, several times a week. It took a few months to get a new job. Joh hunting is hard work.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 3:56 pm
Burnout comes from a deep imbalance; too much stress with too few rewards. You're exhausted and depleted and you need to make a change. Figure out with your husband what that change will be for your family. Wishing you a lot of hatzlacha

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 3:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How?

You seem to be very passive in terms of how you find a job and advance in a career.

You would probably profit from spending some time reading about how to effectively job search and network.

Have you had someone evaluate your resume? An effective resume - especially in today's job market - needs to be done in a specific manner in order to maximize positive responses. Many jobs have resumes scanned for key words before they are even seen by a human to eliminate job seekers who are completely unsuitable in some way.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 3:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I HATE MY JOB
I hate what is does to my life
I hate that it makes me so unhappy
I hate that it makes me be an unhappy wife
I hate that Im jealous of my sisters who dont work at all
I hate that we live on a month to month basis even if Im working!
I jhate it that I cant leave because we need the money
I hate it that we dont even have money for vacation
And I need a vacation SO SO BADLY
Married with 2 kids for reference
Am I the only one in this miserable boat of hating my job

Can I help!? Please please email me at [email removed. do not contact] I'd love to help you. Every single word you just said I felt like at one time. I now love my "job" and love what it does for my life and that it makes me so happy. Definitely helped me be a better mother and wife. Was never jealous of my sisters, but was annoyed that I couldn't be that stay-at-home mom. Now b'h I am. I don't live on a month to month basis anymore and am able to take a vacation whenever. You really should never feel this way! Please reach out!

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 4:39 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
Can I help!? Please please email me at [email removed. do not contact] I'd love to help you. Every single word you just said I felt like at one time. I now love my "job" and love what it does for my life and that it makes me so happy. Definitely helped me be a better mother and wife. Was never jealous of my sisters, but was annoyed that I couldn't be that stay-at-home mom. Now b'h I am. I don't live on a month to month basis anymore and am able to take a vacation whenever. You really should never feel this way! Please reach out!

Are you doing one the MLMs now? OP please be aware that most of them are scams.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 4:49 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
Are you doing one the MLMs now? OP please be aware that most of them are scams.

Sorry, I don't know what MLMs mean....

Definitely not a scam, I am offering my help free of charge. I know that's hard to come by nowadays but I really do want to help.

If you're saying what I do is a scam, most definitely not. I can show you many mothers in Lakewood, Brooklyn, Monroe, Canada, Israel B"H do this and I post about it weekly in the Balebuste magazine.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:25 pm
Sorry, I don't know what MLMs mean....

Definitely not a scam, I am offering my help free of charge. I know that's hard to come by nowadays but I really do want to help.

If you're saying what I do is a scam, most definitely not. I can show you many mothers in Lakewood, Brooklyn, Monroe, Canada, Israel B"H do this and I post about it weekly in the Balebuste magazine.

Are you able to post any more info? Can it be done anywhere in the world?

ladYdI

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:33 pm
What kind of work do you do and where do you live. Do you have a degree or specific training? I have some connections in Brooklyn, five towns and New Jersey.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:10 pm
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:
Are you able to post any more info? Can it be done anywhere in the world?

Sure! What would you like to know?

Yes, it can be done anywhere in the world. There are many jewish women who sell on Amazon that live in Israel, Canada, London. I will say it's easier if you are an American citizen but it can be done. You have more options from America (like not needing to drive/license, credit cards, etc)

I don't think it's respectful saying what I do/can help on here as I'm basically using this platform to advertise. But you're more than welcome to email me or call me off from here. Smile (I gave my personal email in another response)

But what I can say is that there is a way to sell on Amazon from home. Finding items from retail stores close to you, like Target, Amazing Savings, or your local grocery stores, or going a step further and finding items only online so you don't even need to leave the house, and adding it on to Amazon for others to purchase while you make a profit. All from home! What's great is you do it for yourself, in your own time. So some like really like to get into it and make it "full time" some do it on the side, whatever works for you!
Especially how everything is, unfortunately, changing (parnassah wise, lifestyle, degree wise) whether we like it or not, I truly think this is something that should be taught to frum women or during high school/seminary so we are shown there are ways to make a living without having to manage school, work, and the house (mom/wife) altogether and barely getting by.

My name is Esther by the way! [email removed. do not contact]

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:36 pm
I just quit a job after 20 years. Now I am a contractor. I can’t tell you yet if the money is better or worse (though so far for me it is better) but I am definitely happier.

Don’t listen to all these people saying “hate your job? Quit working entirely!”
Give me a break.
You will find something else better. Start talking to everyone you know (outside of work) and Facebook has better job postings than recruiter sites - join professional FB groups in your field. There are lots of open jobs right now in many fields.

Can you say what your industry is?

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How did it change?
Di you finds a better job?
Did you stop working?
I quit. I was working for tuition and we lost a lot. I took a low-paying job in a different field. I should have looked more, still can. Losing money is stress but that had been the worst year ever. I lost so much weight lol
Maybe just I needed more skills to deal with it. Hindsight is 20/20.

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 8:03 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Burnout comes from a deep imbalance; too much stress with too few rewards. You're exhausted and depleted and you need to make a change. Figure out with your husband what that change will be for your family. Wishing you a lot of hatzlacha
Such a good point about the reward not to feel burnout. It wasn’t the hard work, it was no commensurate rewarding feelings for whatever reasons.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 9:51 pm
I hate my job too. I just started at this company and feel like a failer. It's super frustrating but so hard to start all over again at a new place. I'm the only income so I can't quit until I start looking and I haven't yet....

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I HATE MY JOB
I hate what is does to my life
I hate that it makes me so unhappy
I hate that it makes me be an unhappy wife
I hate that Im jealous of my sisters who dont work at all
I hate that we live on a month to month basis even if Im working!
I jhate it that I cant leave because we need the money
I hate it that we dont even have money for vacation
And I need a vacation SO SO BADLY
Married with 2 kids for reference
Am I the only one in this miserable boat of hating my job

I absolutely LOVE my job but alot of what you wrote is true for me.
I hate that it's exhausting to be a mom and work f/t so I am overworked and stressed too often.
I hate that I HAVE to work to cover our bills.
I hate that we live paycheck to paycheck.
I hate that we can't afford to go on vacation or take the kids on a nice trip.

I am however grateful that I love my job and that we are not in debt. I resent that my dh doesn't do enough to help out financially or otherwise. (mom of several married and several at home)

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:26 am
amother [ Snapdragon ] wrote:
I absolutely LOVE my job but alot of what you wrote is true for me.
I hate that it's exhausting to be a mom and work f/t so I am overworked and stressed too often.
I hate that I HAVE to work to cover our bills.
I hate that we live paycheck to paycheck.
I hate that we can't afford to go on vacation or take the kids on a nice trip.

I am however grateful that I love my job and that we are not in debt. I resent that my dh doesn't do enough to help out financially or otherwise. (mom of several married and several at home)

There was a time that I would have said the same thing. There were aspects of my job that I hated--I think every job has aspects one dislikes, even if it's only the bother of hauling all the cash to the bank (halevai oyf mir gezogt)--but overall it wasn't the work itself that I disliked. It was the sort of things you listed above. Much of that has to do with the stage of life you're in. Mothers of very young children are bound to be stressed and exhausted either way, sahm or otherwise, and if you live paycheck to paycheck, quitting your job is not going to make that part better. (Getting a different job might.) Sometimes you just have to endure and tell yourself that "gam zeh yaavor."

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 11:18 am

Thank you!
I might just reach out....
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics