Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Girls camp for next year
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:47 am
At that age Bnoseinu is the way to go. It's a camp within a camp (Bnos) just for 4th and 5th graders, really specialized and run so well and warmly for those ages.

Elanaesther

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:55 am
ra_mom wrote:
At that age Bnoseinu is the way to go. It's a camp within a camp (Bnos) just for 4th and 5th graders, really specialized and run so well and warmly for those ages.
Thanks!! I hadn’t heard of that one! (Heard of Bnos but not the younger division.) Will look into it!

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:55 am
OT but do people really need to enroll their kids in camp a full year in advance?

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:57 am
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
OT but do people really need to enroll their kids in camp a full year in advance?

I was told for the Agudah camps you want to register the the day it opens in early November so you want to start researching them now.

Elanaesther

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:57 am
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
Oh I’m not enrolling now, though I think it starts in November-ish. Just where my daughter keeps mentioning it and camp is on everyone’s minds now anyway, I thought I’d ask.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:07 am
mha3484 wrote:
I was told for the Agudah camps you want to register the the day it opens in early November so you want to start researching them now.

I registered day of and got waitlisted so it's no exaggeration.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:41 am
Elanaesther wrote:
Thanks!! I hadn’t heard of that one! (Heard of Bnos but not the younger division.) Will look into it!

Put it in your calendar to call the day after sukkos to apply. They fill up fast.

sruth1

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:52 pm
This is my daughter second year at Maayan Midwest. She went last year when she was going into 6th grade and didn’t know anyone. She had the time of her life. We are OOT yeshivish we don’t have a TV. It’s Important to keep in mind New York/Lakewood yeshivish is very different then out of town, because our school tend to have a mix of girls so they are exposed to all different types of girls and hashkafa’s

Elanaesther

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:54 pm
sruth1 wrote:
This is my daughter second year at Maayan Midwest. She went last year when she was going into 6th grade and didn’t know anyone. She had the time of her life. We are OOT yeshivish we don’t have a TV. It’s Important to keep in mind New York/Lakewood yeshivish is very different then out of town, because our school tend to have a mix of girls so they are exposed to all different types of girls and hashkafa’s
Thank you!! That’s an excellent point about out of town. I may message you some questions! Really appreciate your responding!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:00 pm
Quote:

The OOT girls I know that went there hated it. Very in-town, cliquey crowd.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:10 pm
Camp Raninu has three or four bunks for girls going into fifth grade. They have to wear knee socks, cover their elbows and knees , no electronics allowed. It is a great camp and has a bunch of Toronto, Miami , la, Chicago , five towns, Monsey, queens, Lakewood , Flatbush girls.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:12 pm
I have 2 daughters going to Maayan Midwest this year. One is going for a second year bc she loved it so much last year. I would also describe us as oot yeshivish and we don't have a tv.

Elanaesther

amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
Camp Raninu has three or four bunks for girls going into fifth grade. They have to wear knee socks, cover their elbows and knees , no electronics allowed. It is a great camp and has a bunch of Toronto, Miami , la, Chicago , five towns, Monsey, queens, Lakewood , Flatbush girls.
Thank you!

Elanaesther

amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
I have 2 daughters going to Maayan Midwest this year. One is going for a second year bc she loved it so much last year. I would also describe us as oot yeshivish and we don't have a tv.
thanks so much! This is definitely shaping up as the front runner!

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:13 pm
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:

Most kids have tvs
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics