Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I have covid and my ear is hurting
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:28 am
Anyone had this? And is there anything I can do?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:32 am
Take dr. zelenko protocol.
Refuah shleimah!

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:44 am
Two of my kids with suspected covid developed sudden ear infections. They're on antibiotics.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:44 am
Please don't take any medications before speaking to your doctor. That being said..many times I've had ear pain and the urgent care said to take some Sudafed it helps to clear out the liquid.Good luck!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:50 am
Possibly an ear infection. Any virus can lead to an infection.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:52 am
Often the ear pain is the result of built-up pressure of fluid. I would try a decongestant if you are allowed.
Refuah shleima

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:55 am
Yes! This new strain of Covid is giving ear infections and sometimes ear damage. Go to an ENT, you might need a steroid protocol. If your pain is bad, don't wait, you need to address it quickly.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:00 am
Last time I had covid in 2020 I also had terrible ear pain and I went to urgent care and they said they dont see anything and nothing to do. I will try sudafed. Thank you!

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:08 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Yes! This new strain of Covid is giving ear infections and sometimes ear damage. Go to an ENT, you might need a steroid protocol. If your pain is bad, don't wait, you need to address it quickly.

If they let her come in. Too many idiot doctors won't see patients when they are sick.

OP, besides your ear do you feel congested? If so a decongestant is a good idea. Also you can look on YouTube how to give yourself lymphatic draining massage on the face and neck. It helps a lot. Also highly recommend garlic mullein ear drops.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:57 am
Will definitely not be allowed into any doctors now 🤦‍♀️
I am very congested as well. I will look that up thanks

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:05 am
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
If they let her come in. Too many idiot doctors won't see patients when they are sick.

OP, besides your ear do you feel congested? If so a decongestant is a good idea. Also you can look on YouTube how to give yourself lymphatic draining massage on the face and neck. It helps a lot. Also highly recommend garlic mullein ear drops.

Yes, Lets blame and be insulting to our healthcare professionals.
We can’t take Covid seriously and be responsible (not that everyone responsible doesn’t get Covid and vice-versa, but it mitigates the chances) and then be obnoxious to the people who are impacted the most. Good plan!

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:09 am
Can you get a telehealth visit? Maybe they can diagnose a sinus/ear infection and prescribe antibiotics? (obviously if that's a reasonable/accurate situation--and yes, some respiratory viruses can lead to secondary infections---such as sinus or ear infections)

But yes, decongesting things---steam/showers, drinking hot beverages, eating spicy foods, taking decongestants, etc. can all be helpful to move along whatever seems like it is going on up there.

Refuah sheleimah!

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:12 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
We can’t take Covid seriously and be responsible (not that everyone responsible doesn’t get Covid and vice-versa, but it mitigates the chances) and then be obnoxious to the people who are impacted the most. Good plan!

That's right. I absolutely blame doctors. They are supposed to help us when we're sick. If we can only come in when we're healthy then who the heck needs them?!?

What does doctors refusing to see sick patients have to do with taking Covid seriously or not? Get off your soap box, lady.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:22 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Can you get a telehealth visit? Maybe they can diagnose a sinus/ear infection and prescribe antibiotics? (obviously if that's a reasonable/accurate situation--and yes, some respiratory viruses can lead to secondary infections---such as sinus or ear infections)

But yes, decongesting things---steam/showers, drinking hot beverages, eating spicy foods, taking decongestants, etc. can all be helpful to move along whatever seems like it is going on up there.

Refuah sheleimah!

Thanks, I will try get an appt. thanks for the tips.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:37 am
Yes! I just finished with covid and had ear pain too! Went away with Tylenol. Refuah shleima

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:56 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

If you are a Healthcare professional and won't treat people with covid you shouldn't be a Healthcare professional. Why did you go into this profession if you are scared of catching something? There are infectious disease protocols for a reason...use them.

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 11:59 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

Cannot like this enough. Doctors are very vulnerable and need to protect themselves. They can't afford to get sick and miss work either! I'm sure your doctor will be happy to do a telehealth visit and give you meds without seeing you.

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:19 pm
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
Cannot like this enough. Doctors are very vulnerable and need to protect themselves. They can't afford to get sick and miss work either! I'm sure your doctor will be happy to do a telehealth visit and give you meds without seeing you.

Why can't they mask up/gown up and see their patients?

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:23 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
If you are a Healthcare professional and won't treat people with covid you shouldn't be a Healthcare professional. Why did you go into this profession if you are scared of catching something? There are infectious disease protocols for a reason...use them.

Huh
Drs are not allowed to protect themselves and also not allowed to get sick

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:34 pm
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:

Do you seriously think he can check her ears on a zoom session?

For years we were told our doctors couldn't just prescribe medication without us coming in to be examined. Now all of the sudden they can just prescribe whatever after a FaceTime call? Give me a break. This is total abdication of responsibility. If you're too scared to treat sick patients there are many other career paths.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics