Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Attention seeking Influencers?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:16 am
Am I the only one that gets the impression that some frum influencers on IG seem to be in need of attention?

Am I wrong in viewing some of their content (posts and stories) as "showing off"

What is your take on this?
Please do not mention any specific names.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:20 am
Online and in real life - some people are attention seekers. That's humans for you.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:21 am
Yes. But I think this is a common issue, not specific to Instagram. Plenty of people on imamother also looking for attention. Not my place to judge.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:29 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Yes. But I think this is a common issue, not specific to Instagram. Plenty of people on imamother also looking for attention. Not my place to judge.

On Imamother.com they are anonymous. On IG they are public. They are posting selfie video stories, showing pictures of themselves etc. It's completely different.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
On Imamother.com they are anonymous. On IG they are public. They are posting selfie video stories, showing pictures of themselves etc. It's completely different.

what is your issue. That women are posting videos of themselves online - or that they are motivated by esteem issues for doing so.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:40 am
It's a tough world. Frum influencers are competing for a very narrow slice of the same pie compared to what other, non-frum influencers (boy do I hate that word, but that's for another time) have available to them. They need fresh content, they need to somehow be different than the others who sound and look almost exactly the same, while also making sure to uphold whatever persona they've projected upon themselves online and offline, even though we all know and have heard just how fake social media life-projections are. So yes, they are desperate for attention, because for many this is not only a parnassa but also the main place they get their self-worth from. And as anyone who has been on social media can tell you, it's a vapid wasteland of highly-demanding impatient scrollers, who will just dump you to the curb if you aren't constantly "on"

Not_in_my_town

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:48 am
I think that by virtue of being on Instagram, they are all seeking attention.

Someone who doesn't want or need the attention wouldn't be posting there.

The question is: What is their need? Is it for business or for an inflated sense of self?

That's not for me to answer. It's a question one can only ask themself.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:58 am
Well duh.

An influencer who does not seek attention is a pretty bad influencer!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:04 am
DrMom wrote:
Well duh.

An influencer who does not seek attention is a pretty bad influencer!

Depends in what manner it is done and if it borders show offing.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Depends in what manner it is done and if it borders show offing.

Do you know any real life 'show offs'?

essie14

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:31 am
IG is a reflection if real life.
I don't associate with these types of people IRL and I don't follow them on IG.
I've said this 100 times on imamother. No one forces you to follow anyone on IG. Keep scrolling, ladies.....
You curate your own feed.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:38 am
“BRB” aka no one cares your left as we notice the wing of the plane lol

IVE BEEN MISISNG A FEW DAYS - oh hi! We never noticed 😆

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:41 am
I think every human is in need of attention, likes to be listened to , likes to be able to speak their mind. Influencers just put it out there, and they get it. Instead of feeling lonely and unheard - they speak out. good on them. I wish I had the courage.

If you think about it, Sometimes I feel like most woman on here only appreciate a frum influencer for cooking, or for anything they feel is helpful to them, like "staying in their feminine lane" but someone who speaks their mind on various topics is too much .

imaima

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 11:30 am
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
“BRB” aka no one cares your left as we notice the wing of the plane lol

IVE BEEN MISISNG A FEW DAYS - oh hi! We never noticed 😆

I really don’t get this attitude.
Why do people go on IG and then complain that others show off? That is exactly what IG is for.

Why do you follow if you don’t care? This is so bizarre.
People try to post every day to keep their IG alive. If they cannot, they let you know. Sp what?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:11 pm
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
Do you know any real life 'show offs'?

Show offing one to one IRL is very different to showing off publicly, when you have literally tens of thousands of followers. Some of these Influencers want "everyone" to know and see how talented and creative they are and kind of "want" and "need" all the compliments in this big open way.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Show offing one to one IRL is very different to showing off publicly, when you have literally tens of thousands of followers. Some of these Influencers want "everyone" to know and see how talented and creative they are and kind of "want" and "need" all the compliments in this big open way.

Okay. Really not sure what the point of this thread is...

If you are an influencer - you need an audience. If you can grow and audience by 'showing off' - then seems reasonable...that you would 'show off'.

If you don't like what you are seeing - unfollow.

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:29 pm

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:31 pm
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
Okay. Really not sure what the point of this thread is...

If you are an influencer - you need an audience. If you can grow and audience by 'showing off' - then seems reasonable...that you would 'show off'.

If you don't like what you are seeing - unfollow.

FTR, I completely deleted Instagram.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
FTR, I completely deleted Instagram.

Amazing.

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The thing is, they are not "showing off", a term which implies they are in your face, asked for or not. You have to go to IG with intention, scroll with intention, navigate to each account with intention, and click "follow" with intention. People see those they desire to see. They are not in the path of these people and stumble upon them unwittingly, they have put themselves right there to have a front row seat. They have an audience made up of only those who wish to be there.

I saw you deleted IG. Good! I hope you find more peace without it.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics