Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What do you spray your sheitel with?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:23 am
Do you spray your sheitel at night when you brush it? What do you use? An oil? Cream? If you can share the brand you use, I'd appreciate it. (I'm new to this and am trying to learn.) Thanks!

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:23 am
Not a thing

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:25 am
I don't spray it with anything.
Why would you want to spray it with something? What would be the purpose?

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:28 am
I don’t put product in my shaitels before I brush them. I do use argan oil and a smoothing cream (bedhead after party) occasionally because they help prevent frizz.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:29 am
To help take out the knots and keep it shiny? I really don't know. Maybe I shouldn't be spraying it. So how do I care for my sheitel - just brush at night and wash/style when needed? Thanks.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:29 am
Im also looking for such a spray..
My sheitel macher told me that when a sheitel is knotty and it get pulled hair sort of shrivels up like when it is burnt. I asked her cos I thought it had been burnt by another sheitel macher.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:35 am
I would only spray it if it gets very knotty and ratty at the back like the underneath hairs, that touch nape of the neck.

I use schwarzkopf silk spray from my sheitel macher.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:56 am
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
Not a thing

Not true. I spray my shaitel with argan oil of morroco once a week. Keeps shaitel sleek and shiny. You can buy on Amazon or Walmart

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:10 am
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
Not true. I spray my shaitel with argan oil of morroco once a week. Keeps shaitel sleek and shiny. You can buy on Amazon or Walmart

Why do you want your wig to be shiny?

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:13 am
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:

Yes true. OP asked what I spray mine with and said I not a thing because I don’t. So this is certainly true for me

(My wig looks great fwiw)

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:16 am
You can buy Mane 'n Tail Detangler on Amazon. They sell this at some sheitel machers too.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:18 am
I use leave-in conditioner spray sometimes.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:35 am
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
Why do you want your wig to be shiny?

I don’t mean shiny like oily and gross.
It gives it a healthy look. My shaitel macher sprays argan oil on every shaitel she washes

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:40 am
I buy detangler spray. Think it's meant for kids, but it def helps. I find it gets really knotted at the nape of the neck and if I brush it out with the spray when I take it off, it's much better.

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:42 am
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
I buy detangler spray. Think it's meant for kids, but it def helps. I find it gets really knotted at the nape of the neck and if I brush it out with the spray when I take it off, it's much better.

My wig doesn’t get knotty.

hair4u

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:46 am
many shaitel machers use this detangling spray
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008.....ss_tl
spray only on inside by neck where it gets knotty and don't use too often you don't want too much product build up

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 11:46 am
Johnson’s no more tangles

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:18 pm
I make my own leave-in conditioner to spray on my shaitel at night, as I have not been able to find the product in Israel: mostly purified water blended with a small amount of regular conditioner. Regular tap water is best avoided because of the minerals that build up. This spray works great, keeps the shaitel looking nice and smelling fresh between washes.

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 2:38 pm
I spray mine with whipped cream every day.

Just kidding!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 4:41 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Im also looking for such a spray..
My sheitel macher told me that when a sheitel is knotty and it get pulled hair sort of shrivels up like when it is burnt. I asked her cos I thought it had been burnt by another sheitel macher.

Brush the very bottom to take out knots gently. That's easier on the hair. Then once the knots are out, brush fully from the top. Place on wig head and sweep the hair back into the style it usually is in and leave until your next wear.
Only rub in a pea size drop of Bio Silk seldomly, if it really needs it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels