Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3 kids, no transportation, kid needs the bathroom

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:37 pm
What should I do!?
I have to pick up 3 kids from diff schools one after the next which takes an hour start to finish.
Sometimes one child needs the bathroom but I can’t go home in between. What should I do?

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:38 pm
boy or girl? In an emergency my boys have used a cup but not sure if a girl could do that.

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What should I do!?
I have to pick up 3 kids from diff schools one after the next which takes an hour start to finish.
Sometimes one child needs the bathroom but I can’t go home in between. What should I do?

Make sure they each use the bathroom before you pick them up.
Have the morah/rabbi remind them if their too young and you check with them again when you pick them up.
Make it part of the routine.
It's worth it for you to wait another few minutes the first few times.
They'll get used to the routine.
Make sure they try to go even if they don't "need" to.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:42 pm
Have them use the bathroom in school before you pick them up. If they are super young tell the counselors/ teachers that they need to send them to the bathroom. Worst case park at school and send them back in if you find out that they didn't use it.

scintilla

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:46 pm
As a preschool teacher, I've had students in this situation before and the parents asked me to make sure they used the bathroom right before pickup. It became part of the packing up routine and took care of the issue for that child.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:48 pm
Assuming there's parking, if you need to, take the kid in when picking up the next child.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:51 pm
HOw old are the kids?

zigi

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:06 pm
Also figure in if there is a Starbucks or store bathroom that you can use on the way

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:13 pm
I asked my preschoolers morah to have her go to the bathroom before pickup and she was happy to oblige. my husband also bought bags that are meant to be peed in for when we go traveling.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:44 pm
Maybe you can stop at a store along the way. Or keep a pack of diapers in the car for emergencies.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 3:24 pm
It’s bowel movement. Dc just turned 5 and refuses to have a bowel movement in school, only does it at home. So dc gets the urge at around 330 but we’re not home from carpool until 4.

zigi

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 3:41 pm
Lol same thing, find a bathroom that can be used, if he is holding he might be able to hold it until he gets home if he sees that a public restroom or the school are the options

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:54 pm
I would try to get the child into a routine of pooping in the morning. Get them up a bit earlier than you do now, give them breakfast and a cup of water, then have them sit on the toilet and look at a book for a few minutes. If you do it consistently it may help them switch their schedule around, no guarantees though.

shanarishona

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:12 pm
Potty for the car?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers