Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I HATE MY JOB
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:18 am
zaq wrote:
There was a time that I would have said the same thing. There were aspects of my job that I hated--I think every job has aspects one dislikes, even if it's only the bother of hauling all the cash to the bank (halevai oyf mir gezogt)--but overall it wasn't the work itself that I disliked. It was the sort of things you listed above. Much of that has to do with the stage of life you're in. Mothers of very young children are bound to be stressed and exhausted either way, sahm or otherwise, and if you live paycheck to paycheck, quitting your job is not going to make that part better. (Getting a different job might.) Sometimes you just have to endure and tell yourself that "gam zeh yaavor."

Yes, very true

BrachaBatya

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 11:15 am
Be wary of MLMs!

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!
I might just reach out....

Please do!! Or even to talk Smile

I really mean it, I know people think I am trying to get you into something or sell something ( I looked up what MLM means Smile ) but I'm not.

I just know that when I felt like that (and still do sometimes), I really wanted and needed someone to talk to so I can work things out and figure out a plan, rather than someone telling me all the issues and problems of why I can't do something.

There are still people in this world who just want to help out if they can. Smile

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 11:34 am
I don’t know if this will help anyone.
Here goes, I found that much of the trouble and frustration I have with my job was that I wasn’t trained properly in the beginning. There were certain policies that people just said “do a search and you will see what to do’. Well, sometimes it worked and other times it was wrong. I had another coworker who would constantly say. “Oh, I took care of that “. Then I would find out she didn’t.
I had to do a huge self-inventory on myself and what I needed to know. It took a bit of humility and humiliation, but I feel much more confident about where I am now.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics