Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help planning a trip to Utah- Bryce..

lba

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:27 pm
Looking for someone to help plan out family trip to Utah and the national parks. Looking to go end of summer with family- ages 4-12.
Minyan not necessary for during week, if stay over shabbos would be preferred
Looking Sunday to Sunday.
Fly into? Stay where? Activities? how to divide the days…

Anyone has been and can chime in with advice, tips, suggestions would be great as well

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:36 pm
I've been looking into this as well. I found Chabad of St. George is a good location to be based in and had lots of information on their website.
I know one person that has done this trip years ago and flew from Vegas.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:19 pm
Easiest is to fly in and out of Las Vegas. You definitely don't need a full week for Bryce. Zion is nearby and is a must (make sure to pre-book the shuttle). I would also strongly recommend going to Page for Antelope Canyon (reservations required) and Horseshoe Bend. You could also consider going to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

lba

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:22 pm
I checked antelope canyon and no
Availability for our dates

lba

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:23 pm
Any specific activities u would recommend we do in the parks? Hikes?

Zahava94

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 11:21 am
As doctorima said, fly into Vegas and stock up on food there. I'd recommend spending more time at Zion over Bryce, though either way, the parks will be crowded. Zion has a shuttle system which helps somewhat, but still, I strongly recommend that for whatever park you are visiting, get there in the EARLY morning.

Here's what I recommend doing for your itinerary:

1) Zion - Spend the morning hiking the main canyon spots, especially the Narrows. During the afternoon, when it gets more crowded, drive up the east side of the canyon along Hwy 9 and hike the canyons and mountains up there, as they are far less crowded than the main canyon, yet you'll get the same incredible scenery.

2) Bryce - Catch sunrise at Bryce point. This is a must, in my opinion. Then spend the day hiking below the rim along the Peekaboo trail, Navajo loop, and Queens Garden.

3) Kodachrome Basin - excellent camping opportunities and incredible hiking as well, and far less crowded than the national parks.

4) Escalante - Hiking the Escalante River is an incredible experience. Pair this with a hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, the best waterfall in the region.

5) Route 12 / Route 24 - The entire road system you'll be using between Bryce and Capitol Reef is, in my opinion, possibly the best scenic road in the US. Stop often and be blown away.

6) Capitol Reef - The most underrated (and therefore least visited) national park in Utah. So many hiking opportunities that will blow your mind, but start with the trails off of Route 24, like Grand Wash, Hickman Bridge and Chimney Rock.

7) Caineville - more excellent camping spots beneath incredible buttes and mesas.

Then turn around and do the trip in reverse to see everything that was behind you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics