Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Nausea Alert!!! Bedbug Update
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 6:48 pm
Nausea Alert: Are these bed bugs?

Ive never had them before. How do I get rid of them asap?

Im in BP.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 6:49 pm
Unfortunately I believe that yes they are.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 6:49 pm
How do I get rid of them asap?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 6:51 pm
I would call a company that does it professionally you want it to be done properly.

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:04 pm
Don't believe any company who says they can get rid of them ASAP. A process is involved due to their life cycle. OTOH, don't attempt to deal with them on their own. You can make the situation worse. If this is in a lint filter of a dryer, then I am afraid that you probably have an advanced case. In early cases they would be concentrated by the beds. The only exception would be that someone sat in a theatre or plane and picked up a bunch on those clothes that then went into the wash.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:08 pm
Yes they are. Use cimexa now. It is the ONLY thing that works unless you want to pack up your entire house for 6 weeks.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:09 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
Don't believe any company who says they can get rid of them ASAP. A process is involved due to their life cycle. OTOH, don't attempt to deal with them on their own. You can make the situation worse. If this is in a lint filter of a dryer, then I am afraid that you probably have an advanced case. In early cases they would be concentrated by the beds. The only exception would be that someone sat in a theatre or plane and picked up a bunch on those clothes that then went into the wash.

I just washed my box spring cover, thats where they were.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:20 pm
Can I buy Cimexa near Boro Park?

And is there more than one kind of Cimexa?

tia

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can I buy Cimexa near Boro Park?

And is there more than one kind of Cimexa?

tia

Any hardware store should have. Otherwise, Amazon

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:27 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
Any hardware store should have. Otherwise, Amazon

I dont think so because even Home Depot and Lowes dont sell that brand. They have other brands.

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just washed my box spring cover, thats where they were.

There's a good chance that they are in other areas of the bed and bedroom as well. They may have been spread to other areas of the house as well.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:38 pm
Whats the best way to apply Cimexa?

Any other tips will be greatly appreciated.

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Whats the best way to apply Cimexa?

Any other tips will be greatly appreciated.

You may wish to consider purchasing encasements to cover your mattress and boxsprings because they will contain any bugs therein. However you have to get very sturdy ones that are very hard to tear because if they do the bugs will come out. They can survive for many many months (over a year if a female adult) without feeding. You can also get a monitoring device to see if you have actually gotten rid of all of them.
This website can educate you on bed bugs
https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/passive-monitors/

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:44 pm
Hire a company with a canine asap. DIY is not enough.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:56 pm
Its not toxic but you need a face mask and gloves because the particles are tiny. Use a puffer or an old makeup brush and apply a *very light* layer around the edges of all your rooms and floors, under rugs, between mattress and boxspring, and inside the electric outlets. This dries up the exoskeleton of the bedbugs immediately upon contact and kills them instantly. It's not "DIY"! It's literally the ONLY thing that works outside of a professional exterminator which a) does not always work and b) will force you to pack up everything you own into garbage bags and live like that for 6 weeks (I know). Not to mention costs $$$$$. Cimexa is relatively recent but cheap. If Your local hardware store does not have it, get it immediately on Amazon.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:57 pm
A bedbug canine does nothing other than let you know that you have bedbugs. Which you already know lol so save the money. The dog does not help you get rid of the bugs.

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:22 pm
I’d call exterminator and let the professional handle it.
It’s lots of money and work.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 11:24 pm
One of the best exterminators in Brooklyn thoroughly sprayed my apartment (he did the most spraying in the bedroom, where I found the bedbugs). Exterminator doesnt know yet, but I found a live bedbug in my living room today.

Im guaranteed for 4 months. I read up on threads talking about bedbugs and Id like to know:

1- Exterminators who treat bedbugs, spray more than one time? He sprayed once and charged over $1,000.

2- Im thinking of supplementing with Cimexa, that was used by Imas and they swear by it, but someone wrote that you need a mask, because it can go into the lungs. Is it any more dangerous than the spray the exterminator used? Probably not.

If Id want to supplement with Cimexa, whats the easiest way to do it?

Any advice will be appreciated.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 11:27 pm
I don’t know anything about bed bugs, but if I paid $1,000 for a service and two weeks later I had problems you bet I’d be asking them to come back and fix it.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 11:33 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I don’t know anything about bed bugs, but if I paid $1,000 for a service and two weeks later I had problems you bet I’d be asking them to come back and fix it.

Yes, we'll call him early tomorrow.

I bought Cimexa on Amazon but DH says not to use it because exterminator can say if we treated with anything ourselves, we ruined his job, and he will void the 4 month warranty.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries