Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Did food stamps really go back down in July
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:20 pm
To the pre COVID amounts?? Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I dont know if they did, but as a taxpayer, I sure hope they did because the pandemic has been over for a looong time. Everyone got massive stimulus checks which has helped fuel this inflation. There are plenty of open jobs out there I'm not happy that I have to pay more for everything and more money to go to food stamps because this money comes from the taxpayer.

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:00 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
I dont know if they did, but as a taxpayer, I sure hope they did because the pandemic has been over for a looong time. Everyone got massive stimulus checks which has helped fuel this inflation. There are plenty of open jobs out there I'm not happy that I have to pay more for everything and more money to go to food stamps because this money comes from the taxpayer.

Na, I'm no liberal & I pay tons of taxes but with so many people struggling now to pay for basic food items I don't want anyone going hungry. Cut back on everything else...

Do you realize this op is worried about not having enough food?? A little compassion

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:04 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
Na, I'm no liberal & I pay tons of taxes but with so many people struggling now to pay for basic food items I don't want anyone going hungry. Cut back on everything else...

I don’t get to cut back on anything. Food costs more. Gas costs more. Tuition costs more. I don’t need MORE money being taken out of my taxes too. So many stores now have “hiring” or “help wanted” signs. So many jobs now can be done remotely. I didn’t get any stimulus checks, but my tax money helped pay for them. Getting MORE money may be helpful, but it’s also an incentive to many to continue not working, or to continue not trying to increase their wages. Why should they work harder when they can get “free” money?

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:05 pm
Sorry but they should go down.
It has been over 2 years. I shouldnt be funding "emergency aid" when there is no more emergency, places are looking to hire, work is available to obtain and the whole community acts as if covid is gone (or isnt dangerous)...
so why should we fund something for something "nothing worse than a mild flu or cold"?

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:06 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:

I would rather our tax dollars go to American citizens in need than to Ukraine (which we keep sending billions of dollars every few days without any oversight as to where the money is going or how its used) or for illegal aliens (the govt apparently leased a college campus to house them instead of housing our homeless citizens there) which is both costing us a fortune.

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:09 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I don’t get to cut back on anything. Food costs more. Fast costs more. Tuition costs more. I don’t need MORE money being taken out of my taxes too. So many stores now have “hiring” or “help wanted” signs. So many jobs now can be done remotely. I didn’t get any stimulus checks, but my tax money helped pay for them. Getting MORE money may be helpful, but it’s also an incentive to many to continue not working, or to continue not trying to increase their wages. Why should they work harder when they can get “free” money?

You're not getting more food with the increase than you got pre-covid before the increase. I'm not a recipient but my heart aches so badly for those that can't afford proper meals.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:13 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
You're not getting more food with the increase than you got pre-covid before the increase. I'm not a recipient but my heart aches so badly for those that can't afford proper meals.

I didn’t say anything about the amount of food they get. I am talking specifically about money. My heart goes out to them too, but I can’t save everyone, especially not at the expense of my own family.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:14 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
I would rather our tax dollars go to American citizens in need than to Ukraine (which we keep sending billions of dollars every few days without any oversight as to where the money is going or how its used) or for illegal aliens (the govt apparently leased a college campus to house them instead of housing our homeless citizens there) which is both costing us a fortune.

Absolutely. And what bothers me the most are the denials of this administration. "The fact of the matter is, the border is closed,” Jean-Pierre added." They are helping these people enter the country and disperse them throughout.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No. The are giving the max for July

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:59 pm
My account says I’m getting the extra benefits for July. BH

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:12 pm
To people complaining about taxes: your taxes are not going to go down or up based on food stamps. Let people eat if they can.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:28 pm
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
To people complaining about taxes: your taxes are not going to go down or up based on food stamps. Let people eat if they can.

Taxes won't go down. But maybe they won't go up if they don't give away extra money. My family needs to eat too and I dont get food stamps...

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:35 pm
I'm happy for people to have food stamps to buy food. But it sounds like there has been so much money loaded onto the food stamp cards that people are able to buy luxurious meats and have plenty left to 'sell' for cash. That's not exactly the same as feeding people who otherwise could not afford food.

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:38 pm
I don't get food stamps

But, I have neighbors who do, neighbors who have no problem giving me their "extra" food, Many of times I only had supper for my kids because of my neighbors "extra" food.

They can't go down to Pre Coivd levels because the price of food went up. Someone on this site who works in a food store was saying because the price of food went up WIC is giving more money. So even if they stop the "emergency aid" they will still give more then Pre Coivd levels.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:45 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Taxes won't go down. But maybe they won't go up if they don't give away extra money. My family needs to eat too and I dont get food stamps...

Right. Plenty of us not on food stamps are cutting back on food as it is due to inflation and if taxes are raised more it's going to be extremely tight. I buy chicken really only for Shabbos now, meat is only in cholent. Only fish I get is tuna. Etc. We eat a lot of sandwiches, pasta, and soup.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:47 pm
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:

They won’t go back down, but the more benefits people get, the more my taxes will go up.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:54 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
They won’t go back down, but the more benefits people get, the more my taxes will go up.

Feeding people is the least wasteful thing the government does. I've never gotten food stamps and I'm really struggling with my food bills lately but I'm happy for some people to have a little less anxiety in the grocery than they would have without the help.

nylon

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:58 pm
So, the emergency allotments for Covid are expiring.

However it's not going down to pre-Covid amounts. SNAP benefits are always based on the USDA Thrifty Plan, and each year, they are adjusted for inflation. Unfortunately for many families the adjustment takes place on Oct. 1st, so they will not see relief from that yet.

People are so begrudging about small amounts of money. THE amount spent on SNAP is not even a blip in the federal budget. If they abolished it tomorrow, your taxes would change by pennies. It is less than 1.5% of the entire federal budget.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 10:45 pm
Learn the facts before you tout your do gooder I pay taxes attitude.
Go check the national budget. The amount going to food stamps vs Ukraine, global warming, and other political agendas is such a small sliver it's like the small change in your junk drawer.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries