Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Would you pay for this?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 2:41 am
My teenage daughter and a friend are travelling from Israel to visit cousins in the U.S. They are experienced travelers.

I am slightly nervous because I keep hearing about the craziness in the airports. I want it to go smoothly for them, obviously.

The airline is offering an upgraded ticket for $52 each that gets them "exclusive security lanes, priority boarding, priority baggage handling, and designated airport check-in lines."

I flew recently on my own and the check-in was crazy. BH as a solo flyer it wasn't such a big deal, but I wouldn't want my young daughter to experience that if I can avoid it.

These are expensive tickets to begin with of course, and my friend wouldn't think of it. She's in a tough spot financially right now, and it's a lot for her just to make this ticket happen.

My husband said if I want to do it, I should just pay for both of them. I don't have money falling from the sky, but if it's important, I can do it.

Do you think this is worth it? Would you pay for it?

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 2:46 am
Yes I would

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 2:49 am
Take it off your maaser ... If you're allowed. Ask a rav.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 4:22 am
I flew recently out of Israel and the airport was mayhem. I had my baby with me and after alot of nagging from me and crying from my baby they allowed me to skip the security line. I was also able to go into the priority check in line because of the baby. If not for that I probably would have missed my flight. There were so many people there who had missed flights because of the queues. So I totally would pay the €52.

I was even considering paying it right there at the airport when I saw what was going on, it was crazy.

salt

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 5:10 am
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
Take it off your maaser ... If you're allowed. Ask a rav.

How in the world could that be considered charity to be taken off maaser?

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:03 am
I would pay for it. I was on a flight once, without my kids, and by the time they preboarded all people who had priority boarding and the families, 3/4 of the plane was full and there was almost no space in the overheads. This will save them headaches with the way things are right now. And plenty of "regular people" do it.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 8:01 am
Yes it’s worth it
I’d pay $100 for 1 for this perk
Think TSA pre-check

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 10:20 am
Thank you for all of the unanimous replies Smile I bought it.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 10:23 am
salt wrote:
How in the world could that be considered charity to be taken off maaser?

I was wondering too. Maybe since she's going to buy for both girls, buying for the other girl, not her daughter, could be a form of tzedaka. I'd say not, but I'm no rabbi.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 3:05 pm
How were you able to add this to the ticket?was it eith el al?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics