Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is it bad for the wig if I dye it?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 9:40 pm
I want to dye my sheitel a shade darker? Would it ruin the wig if I get it dyed? Will it look natural?

puzzlepieces

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 9:41 pm
No, dying darker is not bad for the wig, just get it done by a professional and it'll look great!

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 10:15 pm
Get assurance that it will be the same quality after dyeing.

Moonlight

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 11:00 pm
I got mine done by a professional and it definitely affected the quality. Wish I could turn back the clock

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 11:18 pm
Moonlight wrote:
I got mine done by a professional and it definitely affected the quality. Wish I could turn back the clock

How does it affect the quality?

essie14

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 2:19 am
I had my shaitel professionally dyed and it didn't affect the quality at all.
Very happy.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 2:39 am
In general any type of "processing" will affect the hair. That includes dyeing, straightening, blow drying, bleaching, etc.

If the hair is excellent quality hair, and mostly unprocessed, the quality change from a one-time dyeing will not likely be visible. But if the hair is already very processed, you may see a change in the texture or frizziness. Using oils or other leave-in conditioners or moisturizers may help offset this.

However, keep in mind that a shaitel is anyhow not a true long-term investment. If you will feel more comfortable in a darker shade, a small tradeoff in quality is probably worth it.

Debbig

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 6:14 am
If you get it done properly your wig quality it more likely to improve. The hair will be smoother & healthier looking.
Bleaching hair meaning making it lighter is what can ruin the hair. Usually dying meaning going darker they look so much better after.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 7:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How does it affect the quality?

It lost the texture. But it was just that woman. I've had hatzlacha with others.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels