Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where online can I check interest rates? USA

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 1:39 pm
Hi! We are going to move soon. I know interest rates are crazy now. We are on the east coast but not the tri-state.

Where can I look to check the interest rates? When I Google it, I don't get anything that seems super reliable.

Thanks

esuss

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 4:11 pm
Pick a bank and check on their website what their interest rate is. May differ from one bank to the next a bit but you will get the idea.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:01 pm
Thanks. I looked at two banks:

Chase- I couldn't find the information

Wells Fargo: the interest rates were significantly lower than what brokers, lenders, and new home owners are saying. So that confused me...

Any further suggestions?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. I looked at two banks:

Chase- I couldn't find the information

Wells Fargo: the interest rates were significantly lower than what brokers, lenders, and new home owners are saying. So that confused me...

Any further suggestions?

The interest rate you're charged is typically based on your credit score, which measures the level of risk you represent to a lender in paying back what you owe. The higher your credit score, the more likely a lender will offer you a lower interest rate, and vice versa.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:25 pm
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
The interest rate you're charged is typically based on your credit score, which measures the level of risk you represent to a lender in paying back what you owe. The higher your credit score, the more likely a lender will offer you a lower interest rate, and vice versa.

My credit score is 808. We were quoted a rate of 5.4%.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My credit score is 808. We were quoted a rate of 5.4%.

For today's times that's not bad. I work in a mortgage company and we are quoting higher mostly.
A rate depends on a bunch of stuff. It's best if you work with a mortgage professional and they can give you accurate rates. However, until you ready to lock in, it doesn't really matter what the rates are. We lend in many states not just tristate area.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:29 pm
https://www.firstib.com/person.....ates/

We have used them before and are going to use them for the house we are iyh buying now. Yesterday they quoted us as low as 5% with like a point and a half and around 5.375 with no points.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:32 pm
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
For today's times that's not bad. I work in a mortgage company and we are quoting higher mostly.
A rate depends on a bunch of stuff. It's best if you work with a mortgage professional and they can give you accurate rates. However, until you ready to lock in, it doesn't really matter what the rates are. We lend in many states not just tristate area.

Thanks. BH that rate is locked in. I definitely can keep asking our mortgage broker, I just don't want to bother him every week. I was hoping that there's somewhere I could just quickly check on a frequent basis without having to put in all of my information. On Wells Fargo, it said 4.7% which made no sense.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:50 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
https://www.firstib.com/personal/mortgage/check-mortgage-rates/

We have used them before and are going to use them for the house we are iyh buying now. Yesterday they quoted us as low as 5% with like a point and a half and around 5.375 with no points.

Thanks! I like that I don't have to put in such specific incitement to see the rates.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:50 pm
Are rates going down/expected to go down?

BetsyTacy

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are rates going down/expected to go down?

I am not in this area but the fed says it is planning on raising rates so it would be highly unlikely that lending rates will go down

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 7:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. BH that rate is locked in. I definitely can keep asking our mortgage broker, I just don't want to bother him every week. I was hoping that there's somewhere I could just quickly check on a frequent basis without having to put in all of my information. On Wells Fargo, it said 4.7% which made no sense.

I'm confused - you already locked in your mortgage rate? If so, why waste your time checking rates on other sites?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 7:12 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:
I am not in this area but the fed says it is planning on raising rates so it would be highly unlikely that lending rates will go down

Oy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 7:14 pm
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:
I'm confused - you already locked in your mortgage rate? If so, why waste your time checking rates on other sites?

Because we'd want to refinance in the near future to bring our monthly mortgage down. I know refinancing costs money too, which is why it would have to go down enough for it to make sense for us to refinance.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 7:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Because we'd want to refinance in the near future to bring our monthly mortgage down. I know refinancing costs money too, which is why it would have to go down enough for it to make sense for us to refinance.

It will continue to fluctuate and could theoretically go down a little bit even as the Fed raises rates if inflation numbers improve. But the odds of the rate improving enough to make it worth your while to refinance are extremely low for the next 2-3 years minimum.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating